RC takes anti-gay discrimination seriously!

Being teased is not discrimination. An incident of having how you speak made fun of isn't discrimination.

If someone wants another person to drop it, the person should drop it. Especially if the person is an adult.

You're right, it's not discrimination. I believe they call it BULLYING.............

Jules, I think your heart was in the right place but this was not your battle to fight. As the mother of a son who is gay, I have learned when he says, "Let it go, Mom" to do just that. However, having said that, I think there are times when you do need to take a stand, just not sure from your description of the event that this was one of them.:)

Sherri:)

Well put Sherri!

Sorry OP, I think your reaction was over the top dramatic.

###

Couldn't agree more. I'm glad you said something. Who knows, maybe they would've stepped up their mocking to something more aggressive when they came across another person. I'm glad to hear RCI took this seriously.

Ditto! You are right on!

I'm curious about 1 thing - I will explain why below - how do you know the other guy wasn't also gay and actually spoke like that?- here is my reasoning

When I was 25 I had 2 girls aged 4 and 1 - in an emergency I also had to look after my friends 2 children aged 5 and 3 months - I had 4 kids in my car under 6 and I had no food nappies etc so had to go to the supermarket - that sets the scene- I drive in very harassed to the shops and I am just about to pull into a parent and baby space when a beautiful very young model looking blond girl in a convertible car speeds into MY!! space ahead of me - NO KIDS!!

- It was a bad day (my friend had been taken it to hospital and was very ill) - I flip - storm out of my car and march over to her just as she takes of her shades off and opens the door- I am furious by this point and just when I let rip - She swings the door open and I realise she has NO legs! - she apologized for taking a baby space because there were no disabled ones left and offered to move her car - I declined her offer and shrinked away - I wished the ground could have opened up and swallowed me - lesson - NEVER JUDGE unless you are there and have ALL the facts.

Would it have been "fun and cruel" if he had been African, or say, Asian American, and mocked in the locker room? Just a couple of drunken frat boys having a little fun??

It's never okay to speak to anyone like that, EVER.

Jules, you are absolutely right. Would it have been okay if they walked up to some woman coming out of that area and grabbed her breasts or her rear? If these drunken frat boys were acting out of line, something needed to be said.

No one said Jules wanted them kicked off the ship. She just wanted the cruise line to know that someone was being discriminatory and very disrespectful.