Grocery/wine shop near Princess pier in Seattle

rpcv77

Before anyone snarkily jumps on me to use the search function/West Coast ports forum, I have tried, really I have. The posts I found were old or not relevant. I am flying in from CA and going straight to pier 91. Is there a place, within walking distance, to purchase wine? Many of you are very helpful and I appreciate your kindness and experience. Thank you!

I've never actually cruised out of Seattle but I do live here. Judging by the location of the pier, I believe the short answer to your questions is no. Maybe someone knows a secret convenience store that I do not, though.

Before anyone snarkily jumps on me to use the search function/West Coast ports forum, I have tried, really I have. The posts I found were old or not relevant. I am flying in from CA and going straight to pier 91. Is there a place, within walking distance, to purchase wine? Many of you are very helpful and I appreciate your kindness and experience. Thank you!

Check the following website, for a possible answer. :confused: ;) :D!!

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g60878-i74-k2663515-Stores_Near_Pier_91-Seattle_Washington.html

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines :D

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

seattlewineoutlet.net 946 Elliott Ave. W 206285-1129. Very good store, it is on the

way to the pier from the airport on the right side. I have stopped on my way to the ship.

Pier 91 is, for lack of a better description, an island, mostly due to the railroad lines passing just east of it. It's only residential to the west of the tracks. There's a Whole Foods (known to some as Whole Wallet) a block or two north on 15th Ave. For what it's worth, Google Maps does show that it's possible to get from Whole Foods to the cruise terminal with a 19-minute walk, but I'd be scared to try it given the traffic on cruise day. (There are strange ramps to get onto the bridge, with strange lane changes and signage; since the only people who go across it regularly live to the west and/or go to a nice restaurant over that way, only the taxi/bus drivers would be regulars.)

The Whole Foods is a completely reasonable walk and has a nice wine selection.

The "secret" is to take the outbound parking shuttle and ask to be dropped to catch the bus. There will be an attendant at the base of the stairs (usually) but it's clearly marked if otherwise. Walk east a long block on the bridge and the Whole Foods will be across the street to the left. On your return, simply repeat the process. The various ramps and approaches aren't involved because of the stairwell and crosswalk.

Using the parking shuttle saves you the long walk down the pier, which does have designated pedestrian paths, but roughly triples the distance and makes it a bit harder to locate the required stairs.

rCHBXz

Edited by VibeGuy

Thank you, this is RPCV77's daughter and cruise companion. Yes, we know we will have to take transport from the airport to the pier, but my mom asked about walking because we'd prefer to do that.

Thank you for the great photo and specific info and for other helpful suggestions

BTW, in our part of CA we refer to Whole Foods as "Whole Paycheck".