Breakaway - Family inside - Is there a fridge in the room?

Inishmore

We have two family inside connecting cabins this July on Breakaway. Is the fridge also a mini bar? We had a mini bar fridge on the Jewel but we were in connecting ocean view cabins, and we asked the room steward to empty the mini bar so our kids couldn't "mistakenly" take anything from the mini bar! So I'm curious if we will need to request this again.

We had a regular Inside on the Breakaway and yes, a mini cooler with one shelf (not quite as "cold" as a refrigerator) - all of the staterooms has one and as noted, it's below the desk/dresser behind the big door that swing open. It served as the mini bar with an inventory of mini alcohol bottles, wine, beer, soda & Red Bull, etc. - contents are very similar to this one on the Jewel. The same model is used for the oceanview & balcony cabins on the BA - I will have more requested details after next week's BA cruise.

SDC8086.JPG

RS will empty and/or safely move them out & store it somewhere (you can find out how & what happened to the contents in another recent thread if you search for it, to avoid getting billed when inventory is counted or checked) so you can have full use of the mini cooler box. We stored iced water, juice, **milk, ;) ice coffee :D, cookies & chocolate, goodies & DW's meds in it for the duration of our cruise.

** only temporary as I believed the cooler's temperature is on the warm/high side & above the recommended storage temperature for milk products

We had a regular Inside on the Breakaway and yes, a mini cooler with one shelf (not quite as "cold" as a refrigerator) - all of the staterooms has one and as noted, it's below the desk/dresser behind the big door that swing open. It served as the mini bar with an inventory of mini alcohol bottles, wine, beer, soda & Red Bull, etc. - contents are very similar to this one on the Jewel. The same model is used for the oceanview & balcony cabins on the BA - I will have more requested details after next week's BA cruise.

SDC8086.JPG

RS will empty and/or safely move them out & store it somewhere (you can find out how & what happened to the contents in another recent thread if you search for it, to avoid getting billed when inventory is counted or checked) so you can have full use of the mini cooler box. We stored iced water, juice, **milk, ;) ice coffee :D, cookies & chocolate, goodies & DW's meds in it for the duration of our cruise.

** only temporary as I believed the cooler's temperature is on the warm/high side & above the recommended storage temperature for milk products

Thank you so much! I just want to make sure it is emptied when we board, so my kids can't take anything out of it, or in case we want to throw a water bottle in there. I'm actually considering, for the first time, checking a case of water with our luggage.

Thank you so much! I just want to make sure it is emptied when we board, so my kids can't take anything out of it, or in case we want to throw a water bottle in there. I'm actually considering, for the first time, checking a case of water with our luggage.

Our ship refrigerators always took at least a day or two to cool off a few bottles of water. They are more "Cooler" than refrigerator

We had a regular Inside on the Breakaway and yes, a mini cooler with one shelf (not quite as "cold" as a refrigerator) - all of the staterooms has one ...

That is incorrect, studios do not have minibars.