Port Canaveral departure with 1pm Flight

RW20

We are looking at the 1pm flight after getting off the Carnival Sunshine on a Sunday morning. What are the best options for getting to the airport? Rental car or shuttle? There are four of us travelling and the kids will be 7 and 10. I am just concerned about how quick I can get a rental car after disembarking. And also getting to my flight.

We are looking at the 1pm flight after getting off the Carnival Sunshine on a Sunday morning. What are the best options for getting to the airport? Rental car or shuttle? There are four of us travelling and the kids will be 7 and 10. I am just concerned about how quick I can get a rental car after disembarking. And also getting to my flight.

If money is not a major concern, then my vote is to book a dependable private shuttle bus (budget about $120 plus tips) who can pick you at the Port and drop you at MRO check-in within 1 hour. Cocoa Beach Shuttles and several others will make this a worry-free choice.

A rental car may be cheaper but you will have more stress in my opinion while dealing with luggage, rental car shuttle and lines at pick-up and drop off.

I have to say, for the record, the one-way car rentals from Port to MRO are mighty efficient and competitively priced on certain days (perhaps when there are not too many ships in port?) Prices tend to vary hugely by date and how you booked (Priceline vs. direct vs. Costco, etc.).

Edited by SteerageJoe

under normal circumstances a 1pm flight will not be a problem.

by shuttle the ride is about an hour and off the ship by 9 has you at the airport at 10, 3 hours b4 your flight.

A rental might save you some money but will add some stress and hassle

lines for rental cars can be an issue .....

if asking for a recommendation the cruise shuttle will be easy and work fine - but costs more

a private shuttle company will cost a bit less .... probably the way I'd go in your situation.