Sold Out Cruise - Any tips/tricks/suggestions on booking last minute?

A few days ago, the hubby and I met with friends who told us they were sailing on LoTS on March 23 and suggested we join them. As of this morning, the ship sold out so I have been calling to see if any cancellations have come up but none have as of now. :(

Any tips/tricks/suggestions on waiting on cancellations and booking at the very, very last minute?

Edited by ABR2007

I tried to get on a sold out cruise a few months ago. You can be put on a waitlist. You can also put a deposit down which supposedly puts you on the front of the waitlist.

I tried without a deposit and did not get on.

I guess you can't just bunk up with them? Makes the cruise really cheap! LOL :)

Nah! DH is 6'10 and my friend's DH is 6'4. If I was never claustrophobic before, Im sure I would be in a cabin with those two!!

check on line first thing in the morning 4am or 6 am. If you see one place a hold on it. No payment rehired. you have 25 hrs to think about it and see if others come up. then call dccl and finish the booking. but do not wait when you see it. check all the time midnight is also a good time. we have been lucky doing this.

Best keep calling, and calling every hour or so.

Edited by vacationers

check on line first thing in the morning 4am or 6 am. If you see one place a hold on it. No payment rehired. you have 25 hrs to think about it and see if others come up. then call dccl and finish the booking. but do not wait when you see it. check all the time midnight is also a good time. we have been lucky doing this.

Best keep calling, and calling every hour or so.

Thank you for the encouragement! Ive been calling every two hours and refreshing the page on the website. I am on the waitlist and they gave me a waitlist#. Whats interesting is that when I call at or after midnight, I usually have a wait time to speak to someone because of high call volume.

Im praying something comes up and as soon as it does Im jumping on it!!!

people tend to make changes overnight. Also check at 4 5 or 6am. Don't think about it and place a hold right away. Remember TA also are doing the same for their clients.

Is this Liberty march 23rd will keep an eye. I am usually up and about- did not see your email

PUT IT ON YOUR FAVORITES!

Edited by vacationers