Just off Oasis - ask your ?'s

Evian water in the room was i think around $2.5 for a small bottle and $4.75 for the larger bottle. If you have the drink package they have small bottles of water that are free of charge and can get them from any bar.

Thanks trying to work out if it's of benefit to get a package or just have water as I go from the bars in bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on deck 8 on the Oasis in December. On the hump. Were there restaurants on that deck convenient to the rooms? Any extra noise on that deck? What was your favorite restaurant you ate at? Anything you wish you hadn't wasted time on? This is our first cruise. Married, in our 30's, no kids. Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer questions for everyone!!!

Deck 8 is a great location, we were forward and did not have extra noise and it was just a short walk out to Park Cafe for lunch or breakfast and for a pre dinner cocktail in Central Park. It's a very quite and relaxing area.

Favorite Restaurant for me was 150 Central Park and for my wife was Solarium Bistro (which was a close 2nd for me).

Nothing I can think of that I wasted time on other than waiting in line for My Time Dinning, I would try for a traditional time. I would go to the Aqua show, it was pretty amazing what they do at sea, lots of fun and at night great live music in Schooner Bar (Piano Man) and in the Pub (guitar)

To add our experience as I listed on my mini review - we were out at the beach pool at 7 am and most loungers were gone by then. Solarium was ok until about 8 am.

We were also on deck 8 at the very aft. We loved the location - watching the Aqua show, view of the ocean, and close to the lovely Central Park area. And it's a deck you can get from back to front and side to side on. My brother was on 7 on the starboard side (we were port). We mistakenly a few times ran down to seven and then remembered we couldn't ( easily ) get to the other side from there!

How was it getting off the ship to disembark when you returned to the port in FL? What time were you off by? My flight is at 12:30 out of Ft Lauderdale.

We used the luggage valet so could get off at anytime, we went down around 9:30, the line to get off and go through customs took about an hour. There were still a lot of people on the ship at that time. I am sure the earlier you go the quicker you will be able to get off.

How was it getting off the ship to disembark when you returned to the port in FL? What time were you off by? My flight is at 12:30 out of Ft Lauderdale.

Our time to leave was 8.45 but got in the line about 8am with some of the 'take your own bags off' people. It moved quickly and we were at the airport by 9. All the bags were there when we got off so I'm guessing you could get off any time and not have to wait for bags.

In your case, you could probably spend longer on the ship. When we boarded we were onboard around 11.30 so you'd have plenty of time to get to the airport with the latest disembark time.

I was wondering if there is traditional dining on the Oasis?We originally asked for a 8:30 everynight. Do they still have two major dining times? Also,which specialty restaurant did you like the best.

Tks in advance.

I was wondering if there is traditional dining on the Oasis?We originally asked for a 8:30 everynight. Do they still have two major dining times? Also,which specialty restaurant did you like the best.

Tks in advance.

Oasis still has traditional dining and MTD now. At some point in the future, it might change to Dynamic Dining, but there's no public timetable for that.

Chops was good but probably one of the least favorite of the 5 specialty restaurants we ate at. My order would be 1. 150 Central Park 2. Solarium Bistro 3. Izumi Hibachi 4. Chops 5. Sabor. My no means are any of them bad and are all worth the extra money IMO compared to the dinning room, Chops is just your typical steakhouse, good cut of meat, good sides, good apps, a little pricey at $39pp but they have deals if you book on board, it was the busiest of all of the places we ate at.

Does 150 Central Park require a dinner jacket for men? My husband just wants to wear a button down shirt with dress pants or jeans if he can get away with it. Thanks!

Tks in advance.

Yes there still is traditional times - i believe 6 and 830. If I were you i would change your MTD to traditional dining at 830.

We liked all the specialty but our favorites were 150 Central Park, Solarium Bistro, and the Hibachi at Izumi ( best fried rice i've ever had)

What was the crowd like? I'm sure all sailings are different, but was it more couples/families? Any singles??

it was a combo of everything, lots of couples, not as many families as I would have thought for it being near spring break, and some singles but i'd say more couples than anything from what i saw

Does 150 Central Park require a dinner jacket for men? My husband just wants to wear a button down shirt with dress pants or jeans if he can get away with it. Thanks!

No jacket is required, i wore dress pants with a button down shirt and that was more than acceptable. Even if you have nice shorts on and a collard shirt they are not going to turn you down.

We are doing Izumi hibachi.....how was it? thanks for info and also nightclub how is it?

Izumi Hibachi was very good - best fried rice. It is much better than your national hibachi chains, i.e Bennihana. its $25 if you get 1 meat, $30 if you get two, includes soup or salad, fried rice, veggies and desert - plenty of food. Options I believe are chicken, filet or some sort of beef, shrimp, scallops, lobster. I had lobster and scallops, both very good.

Can't say how the nightclub was, not my scene and never visited but seemed like a popular spot.

Have sailed the Allure and Oasis numerous times. Last time was the height of "busy season" - last July.

Never had a problem finding a pool seat or solarium seat. Yes, people are chair hogs and drop their stuff early. However, there are loads of chairs. If you want a front seat, right by the pool, the chair hogs abound! There were plenty of chairs on the sundeck above the main pool also around the sports pool. Same thing for the solarium - plenty of chairs in the bistro area and around the outside circle; just not right on top of the pool.

Not sure on rum and coke but it seemed like all frozen drinks were $12, $14.16 after tip, highway robbery IMO but with those prices they are encouraging the drink package which I think was $49 or $55 a day.

We are doing the premium drink package any idea of the price of Patron Margaritas/Shots? We have heard mixed reviews of Patron included in the drink package.

Have sailed the Allure and Oasis numerous times. Last time was the height of "busy season" - last July.

Never had a problem finding a pool seat or solarium seat. Yes, people are chair hogs and drop their stuff early. However, there are loads of chairs. If you want a front seat, right by the pool, the chair hogs abound! There were plenty of chairs on the sundeck above the main pool also around the sports pool. Same thing for the solarium - plenty of chairs in the bistro area and around the outside circle; just not right on top of the pool.

In my opinion, when I want to sit/lounge by the pool that means by the pool, not upstairs or in the bistro. Nor am I interested in being near the smoking section. Gee, I sound picky! Lol. Seriously though in over 25 cruises I've never seen chair hog problems at 7 am!

I feel now after reading this, The Mega ship is not the way to go, for us. Why must you get up early to find a chair, or wait in line at MTD, which defeats the purpose, to mediocre food, or more expensive upcharges for specialty restaurants, to 14 dollar drinks. This , sounds like to me, a land vacation.

We had to wait in line for MTD on Independence 5yrs ago and I said "Never Again."

In my opinion, when I want to sit/lounge by the pool that means by the pool, not upstairs or in the bistro. Nor am I interested in being near the smoking section. Gee, I sound picky! Lol. Seriously though in over 25 cruises I've never seen chair hog problems at 7 am!

When I said bistro, I meant the lounging area outside of the bistro - love the padded chairs there, also all the plants. It is really only a few steps from the pool; just not right on top of it. Quiet - just not a straight line of sun loungers! I agree about the 7:00 - that is why I posted!