Stroller for Autistic 6 yr old?

Esilef

Please help me decide. I'm travelling by my self with 6 yr old autistic son.

Do you think I should take my special needs stroller? We are travelling melbourne - Sydney (flying 1 hour) have to get to get to the port & onto the ship. Then 16 nights to Singapore.

He is a runner & won't follow instructions.

Please help me decide. I'm travelling by my self with 6 yr old autistic son.

Do you think I should take my special needs stroller? We are travelling melbourne - Sydney (flying 1 hour) have to get to get to the port & onto the ship. Then 16 nights to Singapore.

He is a runner & won't follow instructions.

yes, absolutely.

I'm pretty sure at 6, I had my non-autistic daughter in a stroller - but only for a cruise. It was probably the last time we used it. She is tall and looked kinda funny in the stroller but I didn't care.

I was not comfortable leaving her in the kid's club while we shopped in port and she didn't want to do all that walking/shopping. It forced our kids to nap/relax and we enjoyed some quite shopping time.

I don't know about the challenges of an autistic child, but if it makes your life easier, do not give a moment's thought to what others might think. Do what makes your life easier.

If you love yourself and your child you will take that stroller with you. Forget anything BUT the stroller. I had a McLaren stroller for bigger kids when my son (moderate to severe at the time), did not cruise when he was that little but did travel alot and would never leave home without it.

It wont only make your trip more pleasurable but also safer.

My DGD is 7 and is borderline autistic. She no longer fits a stroller because of her size so now we uses a wheelchair. I would absolutely take that with us on a cruise. She gets very hyper waiting in line. Without the wheelchair/stroller she would be climbing (literally) all over. She would have a meltdown. Look, you know your child better than anyone. How much extra work would it be - and how much would it take away from your trip if you did NOT travel with something to calm you child.

If you are asking how it would effect others.... who cares? You have to do what is right for you and your child.

My granddaughter looks normal and acts normal. When you talk to her you see the difference.

I really don't care about how anyone else feels about a healthy looking 7 YO looks in a wheelchair (especially after they see her bouncing around) feels. I know that without this added help we would not be able to enjoy our trip.