Alaska 2016 - HAL Hurry UP!

qsuzi

For the foreseeable future we can only do itineraries that are shorter travel times and less than 8ish days. France for a river cruise sounds wonderful and so does Hawaii/Tahiti (those would be on our bucket list if possible). We have done Canada/New England from Bayonne up to Quebec but not the FLL to Montreal you mention. Do you only sail HAL?

Oh, wow, that does limit you, only having 8ish days at a time. Yes, so far, we have only sailed HAL. I wouldn't mind trying some other lines in the future but, for now, we're staying with HAL. We're very close to 4 star now and hope to achieve that level on the upcoming cruise.

Hawaii/Tahiti may not happen as it will use all of my vacation time for 2016 and the cruise is in April. Not sure how I can last the remainder of the year without a trip to look forward to. Also, people left, right and centre are losing their jobs here so who knows what could happen in the next year. I'm not sure I should take that much time off, under the circumstances.

Oh, wow, that does limit you, only having 8ish days at a time. Yes, so far, we have only sailed HAL. I wouldn't mind trying some other lines in the future but, for now, we're staying with HAL. We're very close to 4 star now and hope to achieve that level on the upcoming cruise.

Hawaii/Tahiti may not happen as it will use all of my vacation time for 2016 and the cruise is in April. Not sure how I can last the remainder of the year without a trip to look forward to. Also, people left, right and centre are losing their jobs here so who knows what could happen in the next year. I'm not sure I should take that much time off, under the circumstances.

I hope it will turn around soon since I'm one of those that lost my job and crickets are chirping. I'm doing a few cruises right now since I have the time but the money is going to run out sooner or later. It's nice to have some time off just the same,

I hope it will turn around soon since I'm one of those that lost my job and crickets are chirping. I'm doing a few cruises right now since I have the time but the money is going to run out sooner or later. It's nice to have some time off just the same,

Best wishes for your cruz chic and hope your future job is even better. . Alberta hang in there and the best to you that things will be fine. I have also had several downsizing scares but was saved because of seniority but had to move to another office. Overall for me in the end things worked out to be a better situation but change is difficult and can take work.

Remember a few days ago when I looked like this? :(

Today I'm smiling and doing my happy dance! :D I got our 2016 Alaska cruise booked!

Dancing along with Jim. He got his 2016 Alaskan cruise booked!!!!!:cool: :):):)

Is this your 14-day itinerary on the Maasdam Jim?

Seattle, Washington, US

Vancouver Island - Cruising CO

Ketchikan, Alaska

Scenic Cruising Tracy Arm CO

Juneau, Alaska, US

Icy Strait Point, Alaska, US TR

At Sea

Anchorage, Alaska, US

Homer, Alaska, US

Kodiak, Alaska, US

Hubbard Glacier CO

Sitka, Alaska, US TR

At Sea

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Seattle, Washington, US

Is this your 14-day itinerary on the Maasdam Jim?

Seattle, Washington, US

Vancouver Island - Cruising CO

Ketchikan, Alaska

Scenic Cruising Tracy Arm CO

Juneau, Alaska, US

Icy Strait Point, Alaska, US TR

At Sea

Anchorage, Alaska, US

Homer, Alaska, US

Kodiak, Alaska, US

Hubbard Glacier CO

Sitka, Alaska, US TR

At Sea

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Seattle, Washington, US

Yes, that's the one! I've been smiling so much I think my face is frozen in a silly grin! :D:p

Very happy for you Jim, that you were finally able to book! I've been following your tale of woe ont he boards for awhile now, and was hoping it would happen for you soon!

I've done this amazing itinerary three times now on the Amsterdam - 2010, 2011 and 2014 (with Alberta Quilter aka "Clipper" on my 2014 sailing;)). It is truly the best 14 day itinerary out there - no repeat ports (by putting together two 7 day cruises), and gets you to some really spectacular ports that most others don't get to visit - Kodiak, Homer, and the city of Anchorage itself. You are truly in for a treat!

Best wishes to you and smooth sailing on this magnificent itinerary!:D

Hi AQ!

Have you done this itinerary?

Okay Jim, I hope you take lots of pix and when you return be SURE to come back and tell us all about your cruise. Hoping the days speed by fast. It is going to be a magnificent experience. I can smell the pristine crisp cool air, see the eagles soaring, and a whale off the side of the ship.

Okay Jim, I hope you take lots of pix and when you return be SURE to come back and tell us all about your cruise. Hoping the days speed by fast. It is going to be a magnificent experience. I can smell the pristine crisp cool air, see the eagles soaring, and a whale off the side of the ship.

My wife is the "shutterbug" in our family. You can be sure she will be taking her camera, lens, etc. I'll definitely be visiting CC again when we return and do a review.

Have you cruised on the Maasdam?

Remember a few days ago when I looked like this? :(

Today I'm smiling and doing my happy dance! :D I got our 2016 Alaska cruise booked!

I'm also doing a happy dance. We're booked on the Maasdam 2016 Alaska cruise too. :D

Hi AQ!

Have you done this itinerary?

Hi Jim, Yes, as AIP said, I have done this itinerary, just last year. In fact, wasn't it you to whom I recently sent the link to my Live From thread?

Like you, I was very excited and booked the day that the itineraries were open. I hope your cruise is as great as mine was. Hubbard Glacier was spectacular and Tracy Arm was the best I've ever seen (and the closest I've ever gotten to the South Sawyer Glacier). The only drawback to the 14 day cruise is sailing from Seattle. I much prefer sailing from Vancouver because of the scenery.

It's a little early but I hope you have a wonderful time on the cruise. BTW, I'll be sailing Maasdam, in early May, and will hopefully have another live thread, internet permitting. If you have any questions about the ship, ask away and I'll try to find out the answers.

Hi Jim, Yes, as AIP said, I have done this itinerary, just last year. In fact, wasn't it you to whom I recently sent the link to my Live From thread?

Like you, I was very excited and booked the day that the itineraries were open. I hope your cruise is as great as mine was. Hubbard Glacier was spectacular and Tracy Arm was the best I've ever seen (and the closest I've ever gotten to the South Sawyer Glacier). The only drawback to the 14 day cruise is sailing from Seattle. I much prefer sailing from Vancouver because of the scenery.

It's a little early but I hope you have a wonderful time on the cruise. BTW, I'll be sailing Maasdam, in early May, and will hopefully have another live thread, internet permitting. If you have any questions about the ship, ask away and I'll try to find out the answers.

I am eagerly looking forward to your Maasdam live thread. Is the Maasdam your favorite ship? I am also interested in seeing the link you sent Jim.

Edited by qsuzi

Welcome to Holland America Line. We offer Chat service in English only. Please wait while we contact our next available agent...

"You are now speaking with Chris!

Chris: Hi, how can I help you today?

Customer: Last week I was on N. Amsterdam and the FCC indicated Alaska 2016 would be available for booking today, 3/27/15...any updates?

Chris: Sure, I would be happy to help. Unfortunately we were unable to get the schedules for 2016 as early as we wanted to. We are hoping by June 2015, if not sooner."

Just now.

Trout

So, had the above chat sessions Friday 3/27 at ~9:00 am. Then, on Saturday evening, 3/28 I booked the Noordam, Inside Passage for June 12, 2016.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Trout

So, had the above chat sessions Friday 3/27 at ~9:00 am. Then, on Saturday evening, 3/28 I booked the Noordam, Inside Passage for June 12, 2016.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Trout

So true. Makes you go in circles too. :) Maybe we will learn the secretly held information once we are more "seasoned"lol

Edited by qsuzi

My wife is the "shutterbug" in our family. You can be sure she will be taking her camera, lens, etc. I'll definitely be visiting CC again when we return and do a review.

Have not sailed the Maasdam but as you know Alberta Quilter has and she is a good resource. Going to see what pix etc I can find on the Maasdam.

I am eagerly looking forward to your Maasdam live thread. Is the Maasdam your favorite ship? I am also interested in seeing the link you sent Jim.

Hi Suzi! I haven't been on the Maasdam yet, this will be my first time. The link to my 2014 Alaska cruise Live From thread is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043085

I just heard back from my TA who informed me that we will receive a $450 instant discount on the HAL price once his agency imports the HAL 2016 Alaska detail into their system. Now the fun is watching for price drops and hoping to snag a even better deal. Sure would be nice if they offered Explore 4 again.