Oasis Dining Questions

Hey everyone, so happy to be going on my first Oasis Cruise!

I've read some pretty mixed reviews of the MDR, which is surprising given that on my previous cruises, this is where you get the best quality food (as opposed to the Windjammer where you get lots of food that typically is not as fresh). I'm on the Eastern Caribbean 7 day, and wait listed for fixed dining. Can you guys tell me if I'm likely not to find out my status until boarding, whether I should just change to my time dining now, can I book on line ahead of the cruise and how far ahead and if I somehow do get fixed dining how to go about cancelling and going somewhere else. Are there certain days where its better to skip the dining room and go to the Windjammer for dinner instead? Thanks :)

More than likely you can not changed what you booked on line. And I wouldn't do it any way. Stay with what you have and try it out first. You can go to the Windjammer any time of day you want. If you decide you don't want to go to the MDR just don't go but don't cancel it. It is easier to change your plans once you get there. I have been on the Oasis and the Quantum and we

enjoyed both.

Just make your concerts plans ahead of time. Again if you don't want to go

after you get on board just don't go. But it is sometimes hard to get into certain shows because it is all booked. We never had a problem getting into

any shows on board but you get last choice of seats if you don't have reservations.

More than likely you can not changed what you booked on line. And I wouldn't do it any way. Stay with what you have and try it out first. You can go to the Windjammer any time of day you want. If you decide you don't want to go to the MDR just don't go but don't cancel it. It is easier to change your plans once you get there. I have been on the Oasis and the Quantum and we

enjoyed both.

Just make your concerts plans ahead of time. Again if you don't want to go

after you get on board just don't go. But it is sometimes hard to get into certain shows because it is all booked. We never had a problem getting into

any shows on board but you get last choice of seats if you don't have reservations.

Thanks for the advice rocketlady, we haven't been confirmed for fixed dining but I doubt we will get it, so will go with the flow!

The food is the same, as far as "freshness" goes, whether you're in fixed seating or MTD....and even in the WJ, the food is fixed fresh daily! The WJ is a buffet, which many try to avoid (me, being one!), but some love being able to dish out what they like!

We were on Oasis last week and the MDR food was pretty mediocre. We ate in the paid venues 3 nights to get some variety and better quality dinners.

It's a shame we now have to pay for the quality we used to get in the Dining room.

Just a note on MTD, which we had and we had reservations. We still waited in line for up to 25 minutes to be seated. There was an even longer line of people who didn't have reservations and they waited much longer.

If you switch to MTD, make sure you have reservations and be prepared to wait.