Will La Goulette (Tunis) get pulled ?

Alan2504

I too think it is not the best time to be anywhere in

Europe or north Africa .they should bring back ships here or in less agitated areas .I agree being on the ship is not necessarily safer ..if they wanted to shoot they could ...a few unarmed guards at port if any will not cut it

iSIS is everywhere ....moslems in European countries are becoming more aggressive,more militant more dangerous and destructive ...its time to tell Europe clean up your act or you will lose all tourists from North America ....they want to take over the world ...and Europe is letting them .

Tunisia cannot control. The growing number of radicals ....none of these Arab countries can time to stay away and let local governments round up these people and stop their growth

So who else will they target ...im staying in North America ...hoping it will remain safe

We pulled it from our travels after 2010. Was very uneasy there. The Bardo was a great place but we felt very uneasy and unwelcome. Our cruise had two stops there (back to back trip) and the second stop we didn't even bother to get off and many agreed. This was a few months before the big uprising there.

I know others may disagree, and that's fine but a vibe is a vibe. Of all the places we've been around the world on ships that is our least favorite and felt the least safe there.

Have always felt that since.

So sad to hear what happened. Hopefully the cruise lines will act accordingly and not return. Just my op

We pulled it from our travels after 2010. Was very uneasy there. The Bardo was a great place but we felt very uneasy and unwelcome. Our cruise had two stops there (back to back trip) and the second stop we didn't even bother to get off and many agreed. This was a few months before the big uprising there.

I know others may disagree, and that's fine but a vibe is a vibe. Of all the places we've been around the world on ships that is our least favorite and felt the least safe there.

Have always felt that since.

So sad to hear what happened. Hopefully the cruise lines will act accordingly and not return. Just my op

It sounds like you were there just before the revolution.

I have been to Tunisia several times since then, and I can attest that people were very welcoming, very enthusiastic about tourism in general and about the country's future -- and very engaged in the democratic process.

It's a shame if this event sets that back in any way. I hope at this time that the US can stand WITH the people of Tunisia, most of whom are completely horrified by the attack, just like we stood WITH the people of France after the Charlie Hebdo attack. In both cases, the vast majority of people in both countries have nothing in common with the minority of extremists that execute such attacks.

I know what you mean about a vibe -- I was in Syria about a year before the civil war started and I don't think I've ever visited a place where the people were so palpably unhappy. Also was in Egypt just before the uprising there that toppled Mubarak, and I felt a certain tenseness in the air (though nothing compared to the Syria experience).