Recent Royal Cruisers--Question

CruisingObsessed

I am considering a balcony over the aft promenades. I know one is smoking and one is not---and for everyone's pleasure I am trying to pick the non-smoking side. Anyone know if that's Starboard or Port?

I saw most on the starboard side aft of the main doors.

Starboard is correct and once the ship is underway, there isn't any issues with cabins above the aft end.

Thats not entirely true. My Inlaws had one of the very last cabins on the starboard side (I think it was in the E75x range) for a Baltic cruise and they stated that the smoke smell was horrible on their balcony, so I guess YMMV depending on itinerary. They said it was a good thing it was a mostly colder cruise where they didnt spend a great deal of time outside or they would have been miserable on their balcony.

Starboard is correct and once the ship is underway, there isn't any issues with cabins above the aft end.

As Dudleydog73 posted, the smoke can be a problem drifting upwards especially when you have a large group smoking at the same time. I can remember distinctly before the new smoking rules came about, even 1 or 2 cabins below us could cause us a problem mid-ship. I can only imagine what the effect would be with a dozen or more people smoking at the same time.