Hotel day stay passes?

terri1020

We are going to Numero Uno Guest House with Terri1020. I made the reservations and here is the afternoon info:

Greetings,

Since your guest will arrive after lunch time we recommend the “Beach day Drink Option” for $30 per person. Taxes and tip not included.

This is the beach day option that we are presently offering:

+ Beach chairs and umbrellas where you can sit back, relax and enjoy the view.

+ Choose up to 6 drinks of domestic brand of vodka or rum tropical cocktails, local beer, sodas and purified water.

+ Restroom, shower and baggage storage is available.

Keep in mind that we serve also a full new menu with tropical and local ingredients for purchase. No food its included in the package.

I contacted the hotel directly at:

reservations@pamelascaribbeancuisine.com

Tel: 787-726-5010 #2

And the contact is Andrea.

I sent our reservation via email (with our names) and received this reply:

¡Hola!

We are glad that your coming to spend a beach day with us. We confirm your reservation with 4 beach chairs and 2 umbrellas. You can paid your package upon arrival or leave a credit card for “open tab”. Please let us know if there any inconvenience to arrive or cancellation.

Thank you for letting us be part of your vacation!

Always at your service,

Andrea

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We enjoyed the food. I had the chicken wrap with FF and hubby had burger with root vegetable fries. It was a nice restful day. We got into San Juan at 8 am so we headed over for 9 am till 2 pm. Pina coladas and strawberry dacquiris were refreshing. They added 13% gratituity fee so final due was $91.

For both taxis, I asked the fare and both told us $15 one way for 2 of us.

Recommend this very much.

Evie

Edited by Cruzoholic

• 3 months later...

I hate to revive a thread from last year (well, several months ago but still)...

I'm going to be in SJ in a little over a week and still trying to find a beach to go to.

I'm a little confused...are there 2 different places being discussed in this thread? Pamela's and the Beach break with Shore Excursion? Where is the beach that SE takes you to? (Or is it the same place?)

Our ship arrives at 1pm, so is this considered "after lunch" and food would not be included? You come and go as you want (since you pay for the taxi) correct? (So no time limit there).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I hate to revive a thread from last year (well, several months ago but still)...

I'm going to be in SJ in a little over a week and still trying to find a beach to go to.

I'm a little confused...are there 2 different places being discussed in this thread? Pamela's and the Beach break with Shore Excursion? Where is the beach that SE takes you to? (Or is it the same place?)

Our ship arrives at 1pm, so is this considered "after lunch" and food would not be included? You come and go as you want (since you pay for the taxi) correct? (So no time limit there).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i dont understand how they work either but the Company is called Island Marketing and the website is Puertoricocruiseexcursions.com not shore excursions.

They sell the package(beach break) to Pamela's

I spent the whole day there, since i had a late breakfast i asked to be served a late lunch. They said no problem and had lunch at about 4PM.

They closed the beach club at 6PM and thats when you can move to the beach tables or inside. I ended up staying and had dinner right on the beach, made my evening!

Ill be going back to San Juan this April and bought this package again. Since last year they drop their prices which is great!

Hope this helps.

i dont understand how they work either but the Company is called Island Marketing and the website is Puertoricocruiseexcursions.com not shore excursions.

They sell the package(beach break) to Pamela's

I spent the whole day there, since i had a late breakfast i asked to be served a late lunch. They said no problem and had lunch at about 4PM.

They closed the beach club at 6PM and thats when you can move to the beach tables or inside. I ended up staying and had dinner right on the beach, made my evening!

Ill be going back to San Juan this April and bought this package again. Since last year they drop their prices which is great!

Hope this helps.

That sounds wonderful. I had read others that said they didn't get to eat at all because they were a late arrival and we aren't coming in until 1pm, so wouldn't get there until even later. So the meal was included with your package correct?

Can you explain the "closed the beach club"? Is this something outside ON the beach? Like you can't be on the beach after that or ??? Where are these beach tables you are referring to? Still outside?

Did you come by cruise ship or was you staying there in PR? If you came by cruise ship, do you remember the price of a taxi to get there and is it per person or per taxi?

Did you have to pay the 15% gratuity and 7% tax at the time you went?

That sounds wonderful. I had read others that said they didn't get to eat at all because they were a late arrival and we aren't coming in until 1pm, so wouldn't get there until even later. So the meal was included with your package correct?

Can you explain the "closed the beach club"? Is this something outside ON the beach? Like you can't be on the beach after that or ??? Where are these beach tables you are referring to? Still outside?

Did you come by cruise ship or was you staying there in PR? If you came by cruise ship, do you remember the price of a taxi to get there and is it per person or per taxi?

Did you have to pay the 15% gratuity and 7% tax at the time you went?

Yes the meal is included, last i was there we at fresh fish and a meat wrap amazing! Maybe when emailing them ask about the late arrival, i am sure they will do what they can, they were great with me. They had me put information while reserving stating i will stay all day and move to the tables.

What i meant is that they remove the beach chairs at 6:00PM

You can stay in the exact same place just that you will no longer have a beach chair. The tables i moved to was about 10 passes from where i was lying all day. They are regular restaurant tables and chairs right on the beach, thats where i had my sunset happy hour. From there i moved inside to have dinner.

I had booked a cruise but ended up cancelling it because my friend's father from San Juan fell i'll.

As far as the taxi they sent me that information when i inquired. I took a taxi right from Old San Juan i paid $21.00 and $19.00 returning which i found weird but did not want to get involved.

When i went yes i did pay both, now the package only has the extra %15 tip. They have since included the tax right on the package and dropped the children rates.

This is the link to the package https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/BeachBreakSanJuan.html they respond very quickly

Ill be there the 3rd week of April so will let everyone know first hand.

Edited by pdc2013

Yes the meal is included, last i was there we at fresh fish and a meat wrap amazing! Maybe when emailing them ask about the late arrival, i am sure they will do what they can, they were great with me. They had me put information while reserving stating i will stay all day and move to the tables.

What i meant is that they remove the beach chairs at 6:00PM

You can stay in the exact same place just that you will no longer have a beach chair. The tables i moved to was about 10 passes from where i was lying all day. They are regular restaurant tables and chairs right on the beach, thats where i had my sunset happy hour. From there i moved inside to have dinner.

I had booked a cruise but ended up cancelling it because my friend's father from San Juan fell i'll.

As far as the taxi they sent me that information when i inquired. I took a taxi right from Old San Juan i paid $21.00 and $19.00 returning which i found weird but did not want to get involved.

When i went yes i did pay both, now the package only has the extra %15 tip. They have since included the tax right on the package and dropped the children rates.

This is the link to the package https://puertoricocruiseexcursions.com/BeachBreakSanJuan.html they respond very quickly

Ill be there the 3rd week of April so will let everyone know first hand.

Thank you so much for this information. I figured that's what you meant about taking the chairs up. I will still have a good time.

I believe that sunset is at 6:37pm and would love to watch the sunset from the beach. Can you see it from where you are at or does the sun set on the opposite side of the island?

Thanks for the pricing on the taxi. I'm hoping that is for the taxi itself and not per person (we will have 2 adults and 1 child). Do they just call you a taxi when you are ready to leave or do you need to make prior arrangements with the taxi that dropped you off? How long does it take to get there? Do you feel that it was safe to be there after dark? Or should we actually head back before that and forego watching the sunset from there?

Thanks for the clarification on the tax. Do you pay this at the time of arrival when you pay your balance? For instance if it cost $45 for a person to go there, then add 15% on top of that, then you will pay a total of $51.75 each person and paid at arrival. Correct? (Just making sure because we have booked places before that said they charge ___% gratuity and after going there, there was nothing added unless it was something we purchased above and beyond what the package included...for instance additional drinks).

Thank you so much for this information. I figured that's what you meant about taking the chairs up. I will still have a good time.

I believe that sunset is at 6:37pm and would love to watch the sunset from the beach. Can you see it from where you are at or does the sun set on the opposite side of the island?

Thanks for the pricing on the taxi. I'm hoping that is for the taxi itself and not per person (we will have 2 adults and 1 child). Do they just call you a taxi when you are ready to leave or do you need to make prior arrangements with the taxi that dropped you off? How long does it take to get there? Do you feel that it was safe to be there after dark? Or should we actually head back before that and forego watching the sunset from there?

Thanks for the clarification on the tax. Do you pay this at the time of arrival when you pay your balance? For instance if it cost $45 for a person to go there, then add 15% on top of that, then you will pay a total of $51.75 each person and paid at arrival. Correct? (Just making sure because we have booked places before that said they charge ___% gratuity and after going there, there was nothing added unless it was something we purchased above and beyond what the package included...for instance additional drinks).

You will dont worry, i was there during high season maybe if your there when its not as busy things might be different.

It is per taxi and yes they will call one for you! I asked for my taxi 30 minutes before i really needed to leave and t was there within 10 minutes, came too fast. I got there in about 10-15 minutes its just outside Old San Juan.

No make sure to stay for the sunset! It sets just behind some hotels but i found it beautiful. The light of the sky with the lights from all the hotels was really pretty. I found the beach very safe everyone just sitting outside watching the dusk happen. I found it more than safe!

If i am not mistaken the tip is added to your final price not the tour price.

You will dont worry, i was there during high season maybe if your there when its not as busy things might be different.

It is per taxi and yes they will call one for you! I asked for my taxi 30 minutes before i really needed to leave and t was there within 10 minutes, came too fast. I got there in about 10-15 minutes its just outside Old San Juan.

No make sure to stay for the sunset! It sets just behind some hotels but i found it beautiful. The light of the sky with the lights from all the hotels was really pretty. I found the beach very safe everyone just sitting outside watching the dusk happen. I found it more than safe!

If i am not mistaken the tip is added to your final price not the tour price.

I will be there next week, which I would also think that this is high season since it's Spring Break. :eek:

But thanks for the information. We booked. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...