Transport to ship Cape Liberty, Bayonne

Jenjer

We are staying at the Crown Plaza Newark Airport the night before our cruise. Flying in at 5:30pm so just need a place to sleep, no sight seeing.

I was planning on just calling a cab for the 4 of us and luggage but after reading something about traffic backing up and meters running I am questioning that idea.

Can someone with experience let me know what will be easiest and most cost effective way to get to the port. I know the cheapest way might not be best. Along with a idea of cost.

Thank You for your help and advice so far....kept me from booking a room at a hotel in a questionable area.

They will not run the meter...it's flat, more or less, plan on $50 to 60 per vehicle, plus tip and maybe tolls which will be around 4 bucks if they charge you round trip tolls... (it sort of varies based on the company..)

My hotel called a cab/car service for me, from the Courtyard Nwk/Elizabeth and it was $60 plus tip, and he made an extra stop for me to pick up my friend at the light rail in Bayonne, he only asked for 5 more dollars...

you should be fine, and the hotel can likely call someone for you....the price should be in, or close to, that range...

The hotel you chose is not bad, BUT there is NOTHING close by....and if you can change it, try the Courtyard or Residence Inn Newark/Elizabeth, Country Inn or Embassy Suites...the CP is not horrible,but it is surrounded by some rougher places.....and it's a PITA to get to, even though you're not driving.....

you do NOT want to be next to that econo lodge...trust me

Edited by megr1125

and he made an extra stop for me to pick up my friend at the light rail in Bayonne, he only asked for 5 more dollars...

That is the livery "black car" standard for any extra stop. When my brother lived and worked in NY and I shared a black car ride one time I hopped out at a red light to get on the subway.

When his company got the bill they charged the $5 for unscheduled stop for when I hopped out of the car (not the red light).

Same if you stopped at an ATM as long as the driver determines it is not any length of time additional stop is usually $5.

FWIW