Summit Aft-facing balconies….

chill6x6

Jenna,

Why was your Bermuda cruise diverted last year? :eek:

Hurricane Cristobol closed the port. We tried to get there early, then no dice, weather got bad, port closed and off on a Bahamas cruise we went :rolleyes:

Happy sailing!

Jenna

Hurricane Cristobol closed the port. We tried to get there early, then no dice, weather got bad, port closed and off on a Bahamas cruise we went :rolleyes:

Happy sailing!

Jenna

How horrible...sorry this happened to you. We're doing Bermuda in July. Did X do anything as far as compensation since you weren't able to go to Bermuda, which is obviously a more expensive itinerary, not to mention you probably had to change your flight, unless they took you back to Bayonne.

How horrible...sorry this happened to you. We're doing Bermuda in July. Did X do anything as far as compensation since you weren't able to go to Bermuda, which is obviously a more expensive itinerary, not to mention you probably had to change your flight, unless they took you back to Bayonne.

Back to Bayonne.

The refunded the extra port fees and gave all cabins but suites $100 for the first two people in the cabin and I think suites got $200 / passenger for the first two passengers, but don't quote me on that. We could go back and search if we had too.

Not much Celebrity could do, they tried to race there early, but in the end, I am happy we didn't go to a rainy Bermuda and went to a sunny FL / Bahamas instead.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Back to Bayonne.

The refunded the extra port fees and gave all cabins but suites $100 for the first two people in the cabin and I think suites got $200 / passenger for the first two passengers, but don't quote me on that. We could go back and search if we had too.

Not much Celebrity could do, they tried to race there early, but in the end, I am happy we didn't go to a rainy Bermuda and went to a sunny FL / Bahamas instead.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What about your flight?

We were on the same cruise as Jenna and think that Celebrity made its best to provide an enjoyable cruise. We got 7 sunny days rather than miserable weather in Bermuda; we went to Port Canaveral and Bahamas. We visited Kennedy Space Center, a first for us, and many families had enough time for a day in Orlando. The day in Bahamas was also a first for us and we passed the day at the Atlantis resort.

The other option considered by the captain was a New England - Canada itinerary. Taking into account that there were many families on the ship, minded for a beach and sun cruise, we consider that he took the best decision to please the passengers.

The ship came back to Bayonne on schedule. The 7 days cruise was different than planned but very enjoyable. We will do our Bermuda cruise next June, with less chances of hurricanes.

Oh! I forgot to mention, to come back to the original thread subject, we were in cabin 1041 in last August and will be in 1040 during the next one. The rear view is fantastic and the balcony very large with some area covered and the front under the sun. The Blu restaurant is also a great advantage of these A1 cabins.

Edited by vivi9909

There was a leak in the teak that let water get under the boards outside the bedroom slider. The two penthouse have real teak and have rubber between the boards to seal them. Water dripped from the decks above at night and squirted up when you stepped on the wrong spot. We put one of the chairs over it to remind us to watch it. Room was in fantastic shape except for this one thing. William our butler was great, and arrange a cocktail party for us next to last night for about 30 people , could have had another 50 there without crowding.

Thanks, Jenna.

I hope we don't have to worry about a hurricane. :eek:

I don't worry about them as I am planning on a few. :D

Ingredients in the The Hurricane Cocktail

2 oz White rum

2 oz Dark rum

1 oz Lime juice

1 oz Orange juice

2 oz Passion fruit juice

.5 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)

.5 oz Grenadine

garnish: Orange half-wheel and cherry

glass: Hurricane

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹

👯

I don't worry about them as I am planning on a few. :D

Ingredients in the The Hurricane Cocktail

2 oz White rum

2 oz Dark rum

1 oz Lime juice

1 oz Orange juice

2 oz Passion fruit juice

.5 oz Simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water)

.5 oz Grenadine

garnish: Orange half-wheel and cherry

glass: Hurricane

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹

👯

LOL....rum makes me dumb....ask my DH...but I love rum. :D :p

Thanks for the info on the planking in 6148. Hopefully they'll have it fixed before the summer. We are so looking forward to our trip. If you can think of any other information, suggestions or recommendations which may make our suite experience more enjoyable, please post.

Take a pad of post it notes to label where you put things. There are so many closest and drawers it will drive you crazy! Don't be afraid of hosting a party in the suite. We asked William to get us some extra glasses to have people in for drinks. We ended up with full table of food, two extra platters of shrimp in the fridge all at no charge. We had hoped to get rid of some of the liquor in the room, and ended up with twice what we started with from other suites. Enjoy the suite, it it will really spoil you.

My wife did not let the butler unpack either, and she was still losing stuff last day. There are two walk in closets two regular and seven units with drawers not counting medicine cabinets in the baths and the kitchen cabinets. We are in Celebrity Suite next month in Alaska and are worried about being disappointed.

Edited by Wickets

Hope you enjoy alaska. That is our proposed summer '16 destination. We almost were headed there this summer, but we tried to reserve a land tour (train ride) and was told they could not guarantee we'd get on. That was a deal breaker for me. We cancelled and got our deposit back

Take a pad of post it notes to label where you put things. There are so many closest and drawers it will drive you crazy! Don't be afraid of hosting a party in the suite. We asked William to get us some extra glasses to have people in for drinks. We ended up with full table of food, two extra platters of shrimp in the fridge all at no charge. We had hoped to get rid of some of the liquor in the room, and ended up with twice what we started with from other suites. Enjoy the suite, it it will really spoil you.

Agree! Our butler arranged a cocktail party for us in 6147 when sailing away from Bermuda last May and it was awesome! They brought all kinds of apps including sushi, shrimp cocktail, cheese plates, and more!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We had one just below the outdoor bar and it drove us crazy with loud voices and scraping chairs. It was such a shame because the balcony is huge with 2 lounge chairs, dining table and 4 chairs but it was never peaceful. One mid level would be better.