Proposing in Cozumel

sebastian0

I am planning to propose on April 4 in Cozumel while the Liberty of the Sea is in port there. She has no idea about the proposal and doesn't know we are going on a cruise, just a vacation to FL to get away for her birthday. I am struggling with where and when to propose since I have never been there. I would like to do it on the island to make it special for us, but also want to make sure we can experience the adventure side of Cozumel.

Thanks in advance for thoughts and recommendations.

I did the same thing last year. Luckily we had a group of 6 that went. We did a guided jeep tour and they stopped at a small roadside stand for chicken fajitas. After we walked across the road to the beach (white sand)(eastern shore) to check out the water. The group knew the code words were "white sandy beaches" and when referring to the proposal or potential location we were looking for "white sandy beaches". When we went across the street she walked into the water and everyone stayed back with their cameras. When she turned around, I was down on one knee. Good luck! The Eastern shore is beautiful if you want to see untouched natural beauty.

Lot's of options, and I'd agree on the East side. Just so beautiful there. You "could" also go to the town square, or up on top of the light house at the south end. That would be cool. You could also go to the small ruins on the island. Propose in front of some ancient ruins and tell her that your love for her will last longer than the Mayans did.....etc. (Jeeze, now it's getting corney).

I really love the East side. If you go to Coconuts, you are up on a little "cliff" overlooking the water, that's a nice spot.

We stopped at an area (I think it was between Coconuts and Rasta Bar) that was beautiful, that was black iron shore (coral rock) jutting out into the bright blue water, and the white sand. It was beautiful!!

I did the same thing last year. Luckily we had a group of 6 that went. We did a guided jeep tour and they stopped at a small roadside stand for chicken fajitas. After we walked across the road to the beach (white sand)(eastern shore) to check out the water. The group knew the code words were "white sandy beaches" and when referring to the proposal or potential location we were looking for "white sandy beaches". When we went across the street she walked into the water and everyone stayed back with their cameras. When she turned around, I was down on one knee. Good luck! The Eastern shore is beautiful if you want to see untouched natural beauty.

Thats a great idea. I was thinking about renting a jeep and finding a spot that way. It's just the two of us so I bought an action camera that does video (very small) so I can try and get a POV video of it. So excited! Only 10 more days

We were in Cozumel a few weeks ago and went to Papito's for the day. It was wonderful--we snorkeled and then it seemed like we were on our own private beach. They could probably help you with people there to take pictures, etc.

Whatever you do, congrats!!! Lucky girl! :)