Book now but get onboard booking perks?

Seacreature101

Hello

I have found ship and cruise I want for 2017. I have booked with deposit and have cabin I want. We are sailing in May this year on our first Celebrity.

Can I transfer all this when on board for on board promo? Is there a way to make this happen as to cancel and rebook on board or what do you suggest? I sure would like the perks but don't want to lose my selected cabin.

I did search but could not find answer to this specifically. Sorry if it is there and I missed it. Thanks for your help.

Hello

I have found ship and cruise I want for 2017. I have booked with deposit and have cabin I want. We are sailing in May this year on our first Celebrity.

Can I transfer all this when on board for on board promo? Is there a way to make this happen as to cancel and rebook on board or what do you suggest? I sure would like the perks but don't want to lose my selected cabin.

I did search but could not find answer to this specifically. Sorry if it is there and I missed it. Thanks for your help.

They can cancel you and rebook you. I did this in December.

We have done this during our last two cruises. We are particular about our room, as well, and we reserve cruises well ahead of time so we can get our favorites. We have only done it for cruises that were in the following calendar year. The first time the on board agent simply cancelled our previous reservation and made us a new one for the same cabin, adding the on board booking perks. Last year, for some reason, she wanted to completely cancel our cabin, and assigned us another in the same class which was only one cabin away from our previous cabin. No idea why, but this was acceptable to us. No problem adding the perks for on board booking. We will be trying to do this again in September for our cruise in 2016. So we have not had a problem doing this so far. Don't know about others, but interested to follow this thread.

We had planned on doing the same thing for Feb 2017. When we arrived on board, we checked with future cruise sales. Our cruise had gone up over $600 for the cruise! More than the OBC would be.

Needless to say, we just kept what we had.

We had a similar situation. The future cruises person couldn't guarantee that I would get my cabin back if we cancelled -1140 on the Connie. We booked on board in the same category. Came home, called the travel agent, she called Celebrity and got the cabin transferred to the new reservation and cancelled the original one.

We had a similar situation. The future cruises person couldn't guarantee that I would get my cabin back if we cancelled -1140 on the Connie. We booked on board in the same category. Came home, called the travel agent, she called Celebrity and got the cabin transferred to the new reservation and cancelled the original one.

You were very lucky, 1140 is very sought after.

I tried to book another cabin on the same cruise and a TA told me that Celebrity will not allow anyone to have 2 reservations at the same time on the same ship for the same cruise. Don't remember what the reason was at the time about why I wanted to do that. I didn't persue it and no longer use her for a few other reasons.

Apparently she was wrong.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I've held 2 reservations on several occasions, always in my name, and always with my Captain's Club number on the reservations.

I've booked on land, then got on board booked a new cabin, to get the on board perks, then called my TA to cancel the other reservation and move the new reservation into the cabin I had initially reserved.

Once I booked on board as a suite category had opened after my land booking in a lesser cabin category so I nabbed the suite I wanted with the on-board booking, and again, got home canceled the other and had my normal TA take control over the on board booking.

I don't think their reservations systems are anywhere near sophisticated enough to know if people have multiple reservations when booking.

In fact, I've had both bookings for same sailing show clearly on my My Celebrity page - their systems definitely can't tell you have a reservation and disallow a second.

I did this on my last cruise which was 2 weeks ago. I had booked two sailings a few weeks before the cruise. When onboard, I rebooked one of them, but the other had increased in price to the point where there was no benefit in rebooking it, so I left it alone.

The future cruise office had no problem with me having two reservations for the same cruise in my name, and suggested we could wait until we got home to cancel the first one and then switch the second one to the room we had for the first one. Instead, my husband went to our room, got our iPad, and cancelled the first reservation so the future cruise office could take the room for new reservation.