Had a great time , BUT !

us2swingu

Sorry you did not enjoy the Liberty. Jen the CD on the Freedom told me that they are not supposed to make announcements about disembarking the ship if the arrival is before 8:00AM as some guests are still sleeping. As far as the rockiness I have felt it the same on every ship.

Sorry I did leave a few things out, you can read some on my reply Rinderoo.

Also one of the biggest things I left out was the fact that for Liberty only being 10 years old it is definitely showing it's age in a lot of areas. The steps for one example is missing all the rubber stair treads and are just metal which was very uncomfortable. A lot of ares that rust is coming thru where they would normally stay on top of all this. Being in the Facilities Maintenance field that the crew over time has not stayed on top of this ship like others, especially after being dry docked not to long ago. We did have a good time, but this time it was like staying at the Quality Inn instead of the Marriott which is how we always felt on all the past Carnival ships. We where on her sister ship (Freedom) a few years ago and she was great..

You are on an Iron Ship in salt water...Rust happens!

You are on an Iron Ship in salt water...Rust happens!

No kidding Daddy-O ! Salt does happen, but Carnival has done a more superb job in the past at staying on top of it. I am in the Facility Management business and whether it be a ship or a building if you don't take care of the Maintenance part of it then it will deteriorate much more quickly. Clean wise Carnival is on of the best and most of the time they are on Maintenance, but the crew that does the maint. on Liberty has not been guided well by the ones in charge.. Just sayin..

Jen the CD on the Freedom told me that they are not supposed to make announcements about disembarking the ship if the arrival is before 8:00AM as some guests are still sleeping.

That's interesting. Mike on the Conquest must not have gotten that memo, because he announced our arrival in Miami, initial clearance, and the first groups to disembark - all before 7:30.

On my last cruise, the captain himself announced that we were going through a gap in the fog and would make the port on time. Our CD followed up with more details on our impending debarkation. I assume those guys would get a pass. :)

While I'm here, I'd like to say that the announcements from the CD that I appreciate most are the ones that announce our arrival into port and that we can start to leave - no matter how early they are.

Your regularly scheduled punching match will resume momentarily. :D

Just got off Liberty on March 15th and was not impressed that much. This is our 6th cruise with Carnival and the Celebration is still the best. As I have read over the last 6 months that the Liberty is very rocky, it was. We where rocking back and forth every day of the cruise and you could really feel it in the MDR. It did not put a damper on our cruise, but did make for some conversation. I did not like the cruise Director Greg at all, we really didn't see him much and there where some major announcements that he should have made, but did not. People where complaining of bed bugs, but we did not have that problem so it is only hear say. All in all we had a great time and loved most of the ship, but honestly will not do Liberty again. Sorry to all you Liberty lovers, but I say it like it is from our point of view. Cabin stewrad was great and Ivan, Dario and DWI was great in the MDR. Gran Turk was cancelled due to high winds, but we understood that. Again had a great time, but we really did entertain ourselves. We gave it a 7 out of a 10..

We got the same sort of feeling after our recent Splendor cruise. Nothing really so wrong as to be able to put a finger on, just a general feeling of a lackluster cruise.

Maybe if we had more like it, we could save some money by not getting that YEARNING to book a cruise vacation every year;).

@Jimmy Geegitz - "We were on Liberty in January and no rocking whatsoever. Smooth as silk. I will say the entertainment in the main showroom was really lame. Ship had the 2.0 upgrades were nice. But this class of ship we have become burnt out on. Prefer the spirit class or Dream class. Loved the Sunshine. No Red Frog Pub on this ship or sushi either something else we enjoy."

Not sure what you're talking about - Liberty has Red Frog Rum Bar on the deck by the main pool. I know - that was my fave during our June 2014 cruise! ;)

Edited by AK Wife

Didn't care for the Liberty either... Won't go back on it, even though there are some spectacular deals... just can't do it... I don't think they kept up the engine maintenance to well, the constant vibrations killed it for us

@Jimmy Geegitz - "We were on Liberty in January and no rocking whatsoever. Smooth as silk. I will say the entertainment in the main showroom was really lame. Ship had the 2.0 upgrades were nice. But this class of ship we have become burnt out on. Prefer the spirit class or Dream class. Loved the Sunshine. No Red Frog Pub on this ship or sushi either something else we enjoy."

Not sure what you're talking about - Liberty has Red Frog Rum Bar on the deck by the main pool. I know - that was my fave during our June 2014 cruise! ;)

The Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar are two entirely different things, just as the names suggest. There is not Pub on Liberty.

The Red Frog Pub and the Red Frog Rum Bar are two entirely different things, just as the names suggest. There is not Pub on Liberty.

You're right - not a pub, no food. However, I'm looking for rum when I go to Red Frog, not food! :p Besides, Guy's Burger was right next door.......:D

Just got off Liberty on March 15th and was not impressed that much. This is our 6th cruise with Carnival and the Celebration is still the best. As I have read over the last 6 months that the Liberty is very rocky, it was. We where rocking back and forth every day of the cruise and you could really feel it in the MDR. It did not put a damper on our cruise, but did make for some conversation. I did not like the cruise Director Greg at all, we really didn't see him much and there where some major announcements that he should have made, but did not. People where complaining of bed bugs, but we did not have that problem so it is only hear say. All in all we had a great time and loved most of the ship, but honestly will not do Liberty again. Sorry to all you Liberty lovers, but I say it like it is from our point of view. Cabin stewrad was great and Ivan, Dario and DWI was great in the MDR. Gran Turk was cancelled due to high winds, but we understood that. Again had a great time, but we really did entertain ourselves. We gave it a 7 out of a 10..

I am so sorry your cruise on the Liberty did not go well. We sailed on her a couple years ago--and LOVED her, except for our last night. Out of 5 of us in adjoining rooms, 4 of us got sick. All I know is that Carnival and other cruise lines stopped going to Grand Turk for awhile. We will never know if it was what we consumed on the ship or what we ate while at Grand Turk that made us sick, but it's possible you dodged a bullet not getting to Grand Turk! All joking aside, I will sail the Liberty again--and if I have my wish it will be a New Years Eve cruise this December! Oh, and I have been back to the lovely Grand Turk since that cruise-- I love that island! I will go back again--for the third time one day. I don't know, maybe I am naïve, but sometimes stuff happens, and it has nothing to do with a particular ship or island--stuff just happens. I gave cruising another chance after getting sick, and I went back to Grand Turk. Those decisions have made me a firm believer that cruising is for me, even though I had some bad experiences. I hope your next experience is a good one--even if it is not with Carnival. :)

We got the same sort of feeling after our recent Splendor cruise. Nothing really so wrong as to be able to put a finger on, just a general feeling of a lackluster cruise.

Maybe if we had more like it, we could save some money by not getting that YEARNING to book a cruise vacation every year;).

Exactly....

That's interesting. Mike on the Conquest must not have gotten that memo, because he announced our arrival in Miami, initial clearance, and the first groups to disembark - all before 7:30.

On my last cruise, the captain himself announced that we were going through a gap in the fog and would make the port on time. Our CD followed up with more details on our impending debarkation. I assume those guys would get a pass. :)

While I'm here, I'd like to say that the announcements from the CD that I appreciate most are the ones that announce our arrival into port and that we can start to leave - no matter how early they are.

Your regularly scheduled punching match will resume momentarily. :D

I meant arrivals into ports of call, not homeports. Sorry that I wasn't more clear.

us2swingu

Sorry about your recent cruise on the Liberty. I did a SOLO eastern caribbean cruise on the Liberty last year. I loved the everything about the cruise. I did not have too many complaints. Because I was sailing solo I did all the activities and entertainment (except bingo). I think the CD can make or break a cruise for me if I'm solo. Also I didn't notice the wear and tear of the ship. I don't know if those things could happen in a year. maybe so.

I definitely respect your opinion of Liberty. I feel the same way about the Ecstasy. If possible I will never sail on the Ecstasy unless some major upgrade take place.