Room service fee?

timesurfer7

"Room service is not free. There is a$12.95 service fee per person"

Just saw this on *************** from a passenger that was on the Epic March 8, 2015. Is this true? Each time we order from room service we will be charged?

There is delivery charge between Midnight and 5 am for room service. Between 5 and Midnight, there is no delivery charge except for pizza.

Just saw this on *************** from a passenger that was on the Epic March 8, 2015. Is this true? Each time we order from room service we will be charged?

The $12.95 is not for room service. Read this for an explanation:

http://www.ncl.com/faq#service-charge

There is a small room service charge from midnight to 5 a.m. All other times it is free.

Edited by ColinIllinois

You should ask the person who posted it if it is true or not. The purpose of this board is not to prove or disprove what you read elsewhere.

Amazed at how snarky some people can get when we ask a question. For those of you that did answer the question thank you very much. I should have realized that it was the DAILY charge and not as the poster elsewhere said a room delivery charge. And yes I did ask the original poster and his answer was that it was a charge for delivering food to his cabin.

Edited by timesurfer7

I think they are mistaken, perhaps they ordered room service once a day and saw the gratuity charge and mistakenly put the two together?

There is a $5 charge after midnight for pizza delivery, other than that room service is free (included with your cruise fare)

That person is mistaken. The $12.95 is a Daily Service Charge for all the service you get from room steward, waiters, and several others.

The only charge for food room service is if you order between midnight and 5am and that charge is something like $3.95. And pizza delivery to anywhere on the ship, including your cabin, is $5.

We usually tip the food server $1 or $2 in cash for his service in bringing it to our cabin but that is not obligatory.

Edited by NMLady

There is a $5 charge after midnight for pizza delivery, other than that room service is free (included with your cruise fare)

This answer is totally mixed up and incorrect. The $5 fee for pizza is around the clock, for other room service items there is a $3.95 charge per delivery between midnight and 5am.

If I order breakfast in my room would that come free for delivery and the breakfast itself ?????? (after 5am )

Yes, but you have to order off the room service menu and the options are quite limited. It's like a continental breakfast.

I think that person was referring to the "daily service charge" of $12.95 that covers your room steward and others who make your trip enjoyable.
I think so, too. I found the review in question, which is very short but the person in question seems happy with their cruise. I was totally expecting it to continue "Iced tea in the buffet is not free. It costs $1000 per person for 7 days." :p

Shhhhhhh!!!!!

Don't give them any ideas!!! :eek:

I am pretty sure that for the convenience of the guests ncl will soon implement an automatic gratuity on room service as they did with specialty restaurants.. Why havent you thought about it yet ncl?since you are so much interested in our convenience