Freedom nightclub...has The Crypt been closed?

Hello all,

We have enjoyed many a night dancing in the nightclub on Independence, and we are looking forward to sailing on her sister ship Freedom this coming August. Am I right in thinking that The Crypt was removed in the recent dry dock? If so, can anyone who has recently sailed advise where is now open for late night music and dancing (if anywhere). Although we really enjoy all of the venues on the ships and really appreciate a place to chat with background music, or watching shows and live artists, we do enjoy a boogie every now and then!

[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still plenty if music at night in Freedom. On her now and the pub, schooner bar and star lounge had music most nights. Also a 50's 60's party in studio B one might. Karaoke in On Air. DJ has been moved to viking lounge and goes late into the night. About as busy as the crypt used to. No shortage of things to do. Performers have all been excellent.

Such a shame, the Freedom Class nightclubs were some of the nicest I have been in on a ship. Just another example of eliminating public areas for the sake of cramming more passengers on board and creating new for-fee venues. It's a disappointing trend that's spreading industry wide.

Edited by DarthGrady

We were on the 2 day cruise on the Freedom before dry dock, on the last night I opened the doors and went in, it was a total construction zone, everything was ripped out already. I sat there and thought about the good times we have on our previous sailing on the freedom, then went about my night. We will be enjoying the night club on the Liberty in just a few weeks.

Such a shame, the Freedom Class nightclubs were some of the nicest I have been in on a ship. Just another example of eliminating public areas for the sake of cramming more passengers on board and creating new for-fee venues. It's a disappointing trend that's spreading industry wide.

Agreed!

Couldn't agree more! :mad:

Will be sailing her on April 26th. When was Freedom in Dry Dock? Is it only The Crypt that they deleted? What else has changed? Is there still a Diamond Lounge?

Thanks!

Yes, the Diamond Lounge is still up top adjacent to the VCL. I believe the only other big change was converting Portofinos to Giovanni's.

Agreed. Well said.

Will be sailing her on April 26th. When was Freedom in Dry Dock? Is it only The Crypt that they deleted? What else has changed? Is there still a Diamond Lounge?

Thanks!

44 cabins were added adjacent to the spa/fitness center on deck 12, besides the 19 that were added where the Crypt used to be.

44 cabins were added adjacent to the spa/fitness center on deck 12, besides the 19 that were added where the Crypt used to be.

That's what I thought I read somewhere (about adding cabins). Just what we needed! More cabins/people, less room for chairs at the pool!