Children Age 3 to 5 club.

My Son is taking their daughter on her first cruise. Age 3.

What can they expect re children's club ?

Do they take them to breakfast or dinner on any days of the cruise. Generally what can they exoect from the service. Ship is Explorer if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

Edited by lovethesun22

Do they take them to breakfast or dinner on any days of the cruise. Generally what can they exoect from the service. Ship is Explorer if it makes a difference.

Thanks.

There is a wonderful section of Cruise Critic for families:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Thanks.

3-5 will be in the Aquanaut Club

See link to all the AO age group programs and what they have to offer in signature.

An excellent program from our experience over the years.

Hope this helps:)

My children have been in the Aquanuts on our past two cruises. They love it. On port days, they are usually open the entire time the ship is in port. On sea days, the kids club closes from noon to 2 and then from 5 to 6:45. It opens up at 9am. You can keep the kids in the club after 10, but it costs an hourly rate from 10p-2a.

They do have some nights when they do Adventure dinner. This is when the kids club staff take the kids to Windjammer for dinner. You have to sign up by 5p that day. The dinner is at 5:30. You can find out which days by looking at the kids club schedule that is left in the room the night before.

On the ships we were on, the kids club staff would come down to the main dining room at 6:30 to pick up any kids that want to go to the evening session. I found this nice as my kids do well in the main dining room, but not for as long as dinner usually takes. The waiters are great at bringing the food out fast for the kids.

The activities were mainly arts and crafts, games, toys, and stories. They had a superhero night where they made capes, a pirate night with a parade, and a pj party on the last night. They also had face painting every night.

Merion mom is right (as always) that there is a great forum for families. You might even be able to find some examples of the kids club compass (the daily schedule). I will also be happy to answer any questions you might have about cruising with young children.

Edited by angelicmel