Advice re: Barcelona Hotel Arc La Rambla

ontariogirl

I am looking for a hotel in the La Rambla area for 3 nights in October 2015 and am considering the Hotel Arc La Rambla. If anyone has stayed here of is familiar with the hotel, I would appreciate hearing your comments. Would also appreciate any other suggestions for hotels in the area that you personally recommend.

Thanks so much.............

I like the Hotel Continental, if you don't mind pink, and I mean really pink! :) I'm staying there for 2 nights in October, right on Rambla. I think it is in the same price range as the Arc and same general area.

Thanks for you input............still looking.

I will be staying at Hotel Arc La Rambla pre and post cruise in July. I really liked the reviews from TripAdvisor. I also like the fact that you can store your luggage in lockers there if we arrive before our room is ready. Which will probably be the case as we arrive in the a.m. They also have free wifi and breakfast for a nominal fee if you want, but I doubt we will use that option. Just my two cents. :-)

Edited by dlafoot1

My favorite hotel in the area (having stayed in half a dozen or so) is Hotel 1898 which has a grotto below the hotel with a spa circuit pool and steam rooms and a dry sauna that is free for guests to use (usually uncrowded - my husband and I had it to ourselves) and on top of the hotel is a tapas bar and an outdoor swimming pool with an amazing view of Barcelona and outdoor lounge beds - it is really fantastic and the location is literally the best on Las Ramblas, being only about 1 minute away from Mercat de St. Joseph de la Bouqueria. There is a Starbucks next door and also many, many other restaurants. The human statues are in this area as well. You can walk to local beverage markets and pick up wine and water and soda pop for the cruise. We had a room on the corner with a juliet balcony overlooking Las Ramblas which was fantastic (and no, it was not noisy)! It is just a wonderful place to stay.