NCL 2016 Alaska Cruise Tours

caseykees

Hi,

I am trying to plan an Alaskan Cruise Tour for my 50th birthday at end of August 2016. (Started out as just a cruise, but we kind of decided since this will be a once in a lifetime trip, perhaps a cruise tour would be better :))

My question, looking at 2015 NCL cruise tours, there are a lot more choices than for 2016. Are the 2016 just not out yet or has NCL cut back on them for 2016?

Thanks!

Kathy

Give NCL a call and ask if all the sailings are posted, or if more are to come. I've not looked at AK next year, but I do know last year they had a few cruises that were first timers, so those may not have proved popular. Who knows, but a phone call is your best bet.

Enjoy, it is a very special place.

Thanks! It will be our first cruise and our one and only trip to Alaska. I was really hoping to be on our trip ON my birthday. I really want to sail NCL, but may have to switch if we decide to do a cruise tour instead of just a cruise. I am still trying to figure out if we can do a cruise tour money wise :eek:

We are not that out-doorsy, but would like to see Alaska. We thought a cruise would be our best bet!

Edited by caseykees

It will pay to find out all you can about Alaska before you book. Especially cruisetours, some are better than others. If open, it is also simple to go on your own, to the places of your interests. Especially if you determine a priority for Seward, very worthwhile area to visit. With any cruisetour, be certain you are interested in EVERY segment. Don't waste valuable time, and money going to a place of no/little interest. :)

NCL does a great job with the cruise portion and have nice itineraries. It also is very important to find out about EACH inside passage port, there are only 6 and determine- your activities of priority. Understand fully- glacier differences. THEN find a cruise that fits.

You make several references to being an important trip. It is far easier to plan it right to begin with, then to scramble and try to fix plans based on wrong assumptions.

Time is your friend in Alaska , go for as long as you can afford.

I am currently looking at taking a north cruise, and seeing about staying a couple extra days to explore a few things we may want to see as well. I know it's way early, but I need to start budgeting and saving. And I am a planner and like to look for the best deals I can. I spent a year planning a 2 1/2 week to Florida covering spending a weekend on an ocean front room on Daytona Beach, Disney, Sea World, Harry Potter, Red Sox Spring Training and the Daytona 500. LOL We are never going back there...we saw everything we wanted too. :D

I am glad I found these boards...I have been reading new cruisers, Alaska, and some of the different lines as well. Will definitely be reading up more this week while I'm on vacation!