Inclusive Drink Packages

I note here in the UK that Royal are offering various inclusive drink packages for 2016 sailings. An inside gets the Select package which includes various alcoholic beverages and balcony bookings get Premium. We are not that bothered re the alcohol but of course would enjoy the odd drink but we are rather more likely to indulge in coffee like latte and cappuccino etc. Normally only book an inside. Do you get these speciality coffee's with select?

Thanks

Phil

No, you only get the premium coffees with the Ultimate drink package. You can upgrade to that and just pay the difference between the Select and Ulltimate but if you don't drink a lot of alcohol it might not be worth it.

here is a pdf of the drink packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

and when I talked to rc rep they said each package has the same as the the lower packages except it has alcohol.

Unfortunately you have been misinformed. Sadly this is not uncommon with Royal's customer service agents! They do not include the same as the packages below - each package has particular and specific inclusions, except for a ultimate which includes everything.

Edited to add: what shows on your flyer is correct, and you'll see that the Select package does not say premium coffee/tea. You only get what is listed for each package, not that 'plus' the package below it. Sorry you were told the wrong thing.

Edited by BekkaW

Hi Everyone. Thanks for info. Looks like no coffee for me. Ironic as I don't drink much alcohol but prefer speciality coffee. Package for that is cheaper than select. I wonder if they would swap?

Unfortunately Royal Caribbean's drinks packages are ridiculous. It should be the case that every higher package has everything in the lower packages, but that's not the case. Celebrity operate in a much more sensible way for drinks packages, having Classic and Premium alcohol packages where both also offer tea/coffee and soft drinks.

You'll also find strange exclusions on Royal. If it's $12 for a glass of wine (I can't remember a specific limit) they won't let you pay $3 more for a $15 glass. Also if you dine in a speciality restaurant you will only be able to choose wine from the ship-wide bar menu, NOT the special menu that many speciality restaurants have... even if there is a glass within the limit of the package! It's very bizarre and quite confusing actually!

Unfortunately Royal Caribbean's drinks packages are ridiculous. It should be the case that every higher package has everything in the lower packages, but that's not the case. Celebrity operate in a much more sensible way for drinks packages, having Classic and Premium alcohol packages where both also offer tea/coffee and soft drinks.

You'll also find strange exclusions on Royal. If it's $12 for a glass of wine (I can't remember a specific limit) they won't let you pay $3 more for a $15 glass. Also if you dine in a speciality restaurant you will only be able to choose wine from the ship-wide bar menu, NOT the special menu that many speciality restaurants have... even if there is a glass within the limit of the package! It's very bizarre and quite confusing actually!

Actually you can pay the difference for the more expensive glass of wine. I have done this on the last 5 cruises and was always able to pay an extra $ or $$ and get the more expensive wine by the glass

Actually you can pay the difference for the more expensive glass of wine. I have done this on the last 5 cruises and was always able to pay an extra $ or $$ and get the more expensive wine by the glass

See this is annoying - I specifically asked about this and was told it wasn't possible. Do you know about the wine lists in the speciality restaurants? Any experience there?

Thanks for your clarification! :)

It's my understanding that this is a NEW policy change. Perhaps this is why you are getting misinformation.

It's my understanding that this is a NEW policy change. Perhaps this is why you are getting misinformation.

That makes a lot of sense. Any word on the ability to order any glass of wine within the price limit (including those on speciality restaurant wine lists)?