Cancellation Policy

curtdesilets

Hi,

as the cancellation policy depends on the country where you live, I think this is the one for you:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq5970

I tried to copy it but couldn't do it very well. So for non-holiday sailings it looks like you will get your deposit back.

Non-Holiday Sailings

Days Prior to Departure

For 1 to 5 Night Cruises Days Prior to Departure

For 6 Night or Longer Cruises Cancellation Charge

60 days or more 75 days or more No charge

59 to 43 days 74 to 57 days Deposit amount less taxes and fees

42 to 29 days 56 to 29 days 50% of total price less taxes and fees

28 to15 days 28 to 15 days 75% of total price less taxes and fees

14 days or less 14 days or less No refund less taxes and fees

Holiday Sailings

Days Prior to Departure

90 days or more 90 days or more No charge

89 to 64 days 89 to 64 days Deposit amount less taxes and fees

63 to 43 days 63 to 43 days 50% of total price less taxes and fees

42 to 15 days 42 to 22 days 75% of total price less taxes and fees

14 days or less 21 days or less No refund less taxes and fees

For bookings made outside of the United States and Canada, a different cancellation policy may apply. Contact your local office or travel agency for details.

Sorry to hear that you will have to cancel.

Edited by black forest

Hi,

as the cancellation policy depends on the country where you live, I think this is the one for you:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#faq5970

Non-Holiday Sailings

Days Prior to Departure

60 days or more 75 days or more No charge

59 to 43 days 74 to 57 days Deposit amount less taxes and fees

42 to 29 days 56 to 29 days 50% of total price less taxes and fees

28 to15 days 28 to 15 days 75% of total price less taxes and fees

14 days or less 14 days or less No refund less taxes and fees

Holiday Sailings

Days Prior to Departure

90 days or more 90 days or more No charge

89 to 64 days 89 to 64 days Deposit amount less taxes and fees

63 to 43 days 63 to 43 days 50% of total price less taxes and fees

42 to 15 days 42 to 22 days 75% of total price less taxes and fees

14 days or less 21 days or less No refund less taxes and fees

Sorry to hear that you will have to cancel. But I guess it won't be a problem with your deposit. Here in Germany at least they would keep the deposit and perhaps cancellation fees....

I appreciate it. We have some health concerns with a parent, so we may make a decision soon. Thanks a lot!

But it appears that you are a resident of The United States and, no doubt, booked in The United States...

If you have an invoice issued by Celebrity--either because you booked directly with the cruise line or because that is the invoice that your Travel Agent passes on to you [some do not and instead use their own format]--you will find a schedule of cancellation fees that govern your specific booking on page 1 [below the "Summary Of Charges" section and above the "Itinerary Recap"]...

Truly hope that things work out for you and your family members such that cancellation won't be necessary...

Sorry to hear you may have to cancel...we had this similar situation earlier this year (my mother had a massive stroke on Christmas Day) and cancelled our Feb 14 day S. Caribbean about 30 days before sailing. We received 50% of our cruise fare back from Celebrity as well as anything pre-paid (specialty dining package, shore excursion) as well we received back the port fees and taxes on the cruise. Our insurance covered the remaining 50% of the cruise fare as well as the $200 change fee for our flights. Air Canada gave us a credit for the fare paid to be used within a year, otherwise we could've claimed that with the insurance as well.

The key is to put in your claim as soon as you make a decision, especially if you don't have insurance since the cruise line pays back less and less the closer to sailing.

Hope everything works out for you and your family!

Cathy

Depending on how you made your reservation you may not want to cancel. If you used a future cruise certificate you will want to transfer it to another cruise to avoid losing the deposit. You can just transfer it to a far off cruise to hold it and then transfer again to a cruise that you want.

The TA may charge a cancelation fee. Some charge $50 pp or more for any changes or cancellations. I always ask and then avoid theses TAs.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. Celebrity allowed me to move the booking without a loss due to the situation. That is not the official policy, but if that would work for you I would ask.

Greg

I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. Celebrity allowed me to move the booking without a loss due to the situation. That is not the official policy, but if that would work for you I would ask.

Greg

Have other people had direct experience with a similar situation where Celebrity either moved the booking with no penalty or refunded most or all of the fare without insurance? We always take insurance, but I have a friend who never does and insists that cruise lines take care of passengers all the time when there is a true emergency. We're not talking about smaller issues such as work piling up, we're talking about an illness or severe injury, that type of thing. Has anyone been told "Sorry, you should have insurance" in such a situation??