13 and 15 year old teen club question?

I was thrilled that the boys would finally be together again in the teen club but now I see that they will be split. Can they hang out together in the "lounge area" and play some video games? They probably would not do the structured activities anyway... Forgot to mention that we will be on the Liberty of the Seas.

Edited by 2boyzmom

I was thrilled that the boys would finally be together again in the teen club but now I see that they will be split. Can they hang out together in the "lounge area" and play some video games? They probably would not do the structured activities anyway... Forgot to mention that we will be on the Liberty of the Seas.

The two age groups, 12-14 and 15-17, are combined many times during the day so they should be able to hang out and play video games and foosball in the Living Room. The groups usually have separate times to use Fuel, the dance club, at night, though they will combine them if there are not many kids on board.

The video arcade is open to anyone but, I be.ie e they try to keep the ages separate in the teen and middle age clubs. There is also a Wii usually available in a public place on board ship.

Where is Wii available in a public place other than on Quantum? Have never seen that on any ship.

It really depends on how many teens are on board. The majority of our cruises have combined the teen clubs, either there were not enough kids aboard, OR the majority of them did not attend the teen club.

You are on Liberty the beginning of April? I wouldn't guess that is a peak travel time.

Where is Wii available in a public place other than on Quantum? Have never seen that on any ship.

I have seen it in the Schooner Bar and/or the card rooms. I have never been on Quantum or Oasis class. I have seen the on Radiance and Freedom class ships.

It really depends on how many teens are on board. The majority of our cruises have combined the teen clubs, either there were not enough kids aboard, OR the majority of them did not attend the teen club.

You are on Liberty the beginning of April? I wouldn't guess that is a peak travel time.

I would disagree, the beginning of April could be a peak time for families because it is still in the Spring Break time period.

I have seen it in the Schooner Bar and/or the card rooms. I have never been on Quantum or Oasis class. I have seen the on Radiance and Freedom class ships.

Very interesting, having sailed on Brilliance, Jewel and Freedom, I have never seen any gaming system in either the Schooner bar or the Card room.

I would disagree, the beginning of April could be a peak time for families because it is still in the Spring Break time period.

Sorry, I was basing my guess on this region and the information from my daughters Minecraft friends from around the country:) We all have spring break in the beginning of March.

My son is 13 and we just did a back to back on the Freedom & the Indy. He was in the teen club pretty much all of the time and he says that the 13-17 yr olds were together all of the time and none of the events were split.

The two age groups, 12-14 and 15-17, are combined many times during the day so they should be able to hang out and play video games and foosball in the Living Room. The groups usually have separate times to use Fuel, the dance club, at night, though they will combine them if there are not many kids on board.

Agreed! My son was kicked out in one of the older gatherings....I think he was 14-15 at the time & it was on Liberty I believe. During the day, he was still able to hang out w/ the older friends b/c they normally weren't in organized activities.

Sorry, I was basing my guess on this region and the information from my daughters Minecraft friends from around the country:) We all have spring break in the beginning of March.

Northern/New England schools have April vacations instead of March...the weeks surrounding Easter are also popular....(our break is April 18-25, I know other states near me are the following week)...

Does anyone know if RC will let a 12 year move down a group and be with the 9-11 year olds?

If closer to 12 and age group not maxed out then if you ask them nicely normally yes. They are understanding, but they normally ask they try the older group for 1st night. Our DD did and then moved down the next day. Really depends on numbers involved.

Ps whilst AO is not open first night, teen meet and greet is.

Edited by Spurschick

Does anyone know if RC will let a 12 year move down a group and be with the 9-11 year olds?

I would say there is very little chance of that, especially since the younger group is still in adventure ocean (fully supervised and controlled kids club) whereas 12+ is the teen club which has much less supervision and the teens are free to come and go as they please.