One year ago

Honolulu Blue

One year ago, I was on my way to the San Juan to take my first cruise. No one in my immediate family had ever taken a cruise. I had done my research here and elsewhere, but there's nothing like the real thing.

To make an extremely long story very short, I enjoyed just about everything about my first cruise.

Then I booked the same cruise sailing 2 1/2 months later. I enjoyed that too.

Then I booked another one sailing from a different port and visiting different ports of call. I enjoyed that one too. While I was on that one, I booked another cruise. That one hasn't sailed yet and won't for about 7 months.

Then Carnival decided to give away solo bookings (almost) on my next cruise. So I took them up on their generous offer. Some ports were old and some were new. I had a grand old time on that one too.

In between I bought some shares in CCL because I thought it would be a fine investment for my IRA. OK, so I bought it for the OBC; sue me. :)

So that's four cruises in one year, with one other booked. I have a window for one more this year that I may or may not take advantage of. And there's one that I've been eyeing for early next year. I'll book it sooner or later, when the price is right.

I have to say I've been treated well on the high seas. I would like to take time to thank all of those that helped me have such wonderful memories, though it's highly unlikely that any of them are reading this.

Somewhere in his executive suite, Mr. Donald, if he knew who I was, would be smiling, nodding, and saying, "Yeah, gotcha!"

I look forward to my adventures in the months and years beyond. Some of them are likely to involve Carnival.

Thank you for stopping by.

Well said...lol I remember begging my parents to join my family on our annual cruise.... My mom wanted to but my dad said he would be too bored being just on ship most of times. Then we gave them no choice ...the following year we presented them with a cruise to join us for their 50th anniversary... The "bug" got him (hook, line and sinker)...before I knew it he was booking a cruise for all of us the following year...then he and my mother started going solo,,,soon they were doing 10 day cruises,,,lol

He realized what a great value and great time cruising was....I'm sure many others would feel the same once they gave it a chance!!

Edited by lcpagejr

In between I bought some shares in CCL because I thought it would be a fine investment for my IRA. OK, so I bought it for the OBC; sue me. :)

Haha! Love this...I too, tell myself it's for investment reasons. (Wink wink)