UDP Price increases?

Sestar

Hello,

I was doing some planning on my booked trip on NCL. At Explore and Plan, i noticed the price for UDP price has increased to $140.42. It was $119.00 before i believe. Was't it? HUGE increase isn't it, not to mention another 18% tips on top of that? :confused:

Oh boy! I'm booked on Escape. Not sure if this is due to more restaurants with the new ship?? Too many changes recently. :(

1115476969_ScreenShot2015-03-22at11_45_14AM.jpg.92bb575f9e3da835a97b7b2d3ce41252.jpg

Hello,

I was doing some planning on my booked trip on NCL. At Explore and Plan, i noticed the price for UDP price has increased to $140.42. It was $119.00 before i believe. Was't it? HUGE increase isn't it, not to mention another 18% tips on top of that? :confused:

Oh boy! I'm booked on Escape. Not sure if this is due to more restaurants with the new ship?? Too many changes recently. :(

It is due to NCL deciding that one must leave a mandatory 18% tip, in addition to the DSC already in place, plus the fee to dine in the restaurant. There are many active threads on this board about this already. You might want to check some of them out.

Edited by SissasMomE

The raise is the 18% - you won't be charged again onboard.

Hello,

If you do the math, the $140.42 is exactly $119.00 plus 18%, so it looks like the website has just been updated to reflect the change.

Hello,

The new price includes the 18 percent gratuity. 18 percent of $119 is $21.42. $119 plus $21.42= $140.42.

So the $140.42 is including the 18% tax? Phew! I thought you have to pay another 18% on top of the $140.42. My bad! But still not liking the changes.

No, it's not "your bad". It specifically states: *An 18% gratuity will be applied at checkout. And the package price before checkout is $140.42. Anyone would take this at face value i.e., 18% on top of $140.42.

Gee, I wonder how sales of the UDP are going now???:rolleyes::p;)

No, it's not "your bad". It specifically states: *An 18% gratuity will be applied at checkout. And the package price before checkout is $140.42. Anyone would take this at face value i.e., 18% on top of $140.42.

Thank you. Thats exactly how i read it. I thought that was inshane!

Just checked my 7 night alaska cruise for August and it reads the same! $140.42 + 18% tip! I understand some people believe the new price includes the tip but it is definitely not written that way on my account! Getting to pricey for me so they lost a customer!

Just checked my 7 night alaska cruise for August and it reads the same! $140.42 + 18% tip! I understand some people believe the new price includes the tip but it is definitely not written that way on my account! Getting to pricey for me so they lost a customer!

It was not written in the total when I checked as well. I had to use the calculator to make sure it's the 18% gratuities. Definitely not happy with this change.

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-22%20at%2012.29.53%20PM_zpsxkdwsees.png

Is NCL ever going to be able to communicate in a clear, non-confusing manner with its customer. If the new price includes the 18% gratuity, then they should put a comment saying "the new price INCLUDES an 18% gratutity" instead of "An 18% gartuity will be applied at checkout".

NCL - what kind of people do you have updating your website?

Edited by jmele999

Is NCL ever going to be able to communicate in a clear, non-confusing manner with its customer. If the new price includes the 18% gratuity, then they should put a comment saying "the new price INCLUDES an 18% gratutity" instead of "An 18% gartuity will be applied at checkout".

No..it seems they will never learn...:rolleyes: This poor communication has been going on for years....:eek:

Hello,

Isn't the increase simply the 18% gratuity and not in addition to the 18%?

My guess regardless is the 18% is the addtional charge, being the increase is exactly 18% but that being said: it does sound like there is a real problem between NCL and us cruisers. It is getting harder all the time to know what they really mean. Come on NCL get your act together and keep us a little happy!!!!!

It would seem so. Both prices stated (175 for the 9 night and 140 for the 7 night) represent 18% of the former prices if I am doing my math correctly. Has anyone tried to book it and gotten to the checkout having another 18% added to the amount?

While it's reasonable to assume the new price, being exactly 18 percent more than the old one, DOES represent the added auto-"gratuity," the plain fact is that the current T&C says there will be an 18 percent gratuity added "at checkout."

Which checkout? Since it won't be added when you purchase the UDP, is it possible that they could decide to mean when you check out of the restaurant?

We can't tell.

The NCL website is so riddled with misinformation and presumed errors that I'm starting to believe a fully baked high school student, with no managerial oversight, is responsible for keeping it up to date.

I noticed the price increase, too! Thankful I purchased the UDP for my 9 night cruise next month when it was still $149 pp. Now it's $175 pp!

Now I am really confused, my 7 day Eastern Caribbean in Nov is 446/person which includes 15% gratuity and applicable taxes. Do they change the package price based on destination or date? Thanks

Now I am really confused, my 7 day Eastern Caribbean in Nov is 446/person which includes 15% gratuity and applicable taxes. Do they change the package price based on destination or date? Thanks

It seems that you are talking about UBP price (this thread is about the dining package - UDP).

UBP price when pre-purchased is $54/day plus (now 18%) gratuity and that totals to $446.04 per person for 7-night cruise.

Edited by Demonyte

It seems that you are talking about UBP price (this thread is about the dining package - UDP).

UBP price when pre-purchased is $54/day plus (now 18%) gratuity and that totals to $446.04 per person for 7-night cruise.

My mistake, thank you for the clarification.