what is the best thing you bought in St Thomas??

Do not know if you are interested but table cloths in Mr. Table Cloth on the main street.

They are long lasting and of good quality. I buy them for Christmas presents.

Most of the best shops on the main street have changed into tourist junk shops since my last trips there.

We did not get to Havensight so it might be better there.

You can buy vanilla in many of the islands.

Check out liquor prices at home; onboard and comparision shop in St. Thomas.

• 4 weeks later...

If you're shopping for jewelry and want great customer service, stop in to see Danielle R at Jewels! In January, I was looking for a very specific item from the David Yurman Meteorite collection for my son's upcoming Ph.D. graduation. It wasn't available in the store; however, Danielle had her associate try on several other pieces so that I could see how they looked on someone with the same build as my son. She was very helpful and offered to have her buyer obtain the item I really wanted and have it shipped to me. Even though I was apprehensive handing over my credit card and leaving empty-handed, Danielle called and emailed throughout the process to confirm the order and let me know when it had shipped. The day it arrived, she even gave me a call! With the 10% discount, no sales tax and free shipping, I really felt I got a great deal. When the item arrived it was everything I hoped for... though it came in a velvet pouch and had no provenance. I emailed Danielle who went out of her way to send me a beautiful Yurman gift box and high-quality brochure which explains the collection. She even sent a personal card to thank me for my business. Now I'm excited to be able to gift this beautiful piece to my son. When I return to St. Thomas I will be sure to stop in and see Danielle again. She truly is a great representative for Jewels!

• 2 months later...

My favorite thing to buy is small water colors or prints from local artists. One I picked up in St. Thomas years ago. It hangs next to one from Blue Lagoon. Not only do I get to enjoy the pictures, but also can still remember the great day we had the day I bought them. I have many from travels and buy the same size so I can rotate.

My favorite thing to buy is small water colors or prints from local artists. One I picked up in St. Thomas years ago. It hangs next to one from Blue Lagoon. Not only do I get to enjoy the pictures, but also can still remember the great day we had the day I bought them. I have many from travels and buy the same size so I can rotate.

I bought one many, many years ago. It was the first of what became quite a collection and the only thing i always buy. My home office is a wall of memories.

While i mentioned paintings that I now collect from every port, my favorite purchase from that first cruise in St. Thomas was a T-shirt. I've searched every time we go back for a similar one, but "When God Created Man, She Was Only Joking" has been discontinued. Until it literally fell apart from wearings and washings it was quite the conversation starter.:)