Speciality Restaurant price increase

beth555

Did the prices increase recently in the speciality restaurants? We just got off the constellation and oceanliners was $50 pp and tuscan grill was $45 pp.

Yes, they raised them sometime last year. We always look for a 2 for 1 deal when we get on board the ship.

I am sure Celebrity will get better at this. Makes no sense to have one wine in one restaurant and six, as in OP's example, in another.

Celebrity is committed to the bundling/package pricing, so they have to get this better organized.

The other issue that will continue to be a thorn, will be 'what is included' in each package as it seems to change frequently and staff needs to know in real time. This again, I believe, Celebrity will figure out. I am surprised that they don't do this electronically from corporate IT department to whole fleet at same time.

I guess I thought the prices on the celebrity website would reflect what you pay at the speciality restaurants on board. I know they offer discount packages but not on a 5 day cruise. We did get 20% off the first night. Still not sure why they do not offer a dinner package on a 5 day cruise. The speciality restaurants were not that busy.

On our recent Reflection cruise, I was told there was "special pricing" for the Specialty Restaurants when I was inquiring about making a reservation. $50 for Murano and the others were $45. Then for the first night only, 20% off for anybody and everybody. No additional discounts for Aqua, Suites, etc.

On our recent Reflection cruise, I was told there was "special pricing" for the Specialty Restaurants when I was inquiring about making a reservation. $50 for Murano and the others were $45. Then for the first night only, 20% off for anybody and everybody. No additional discounts for Aqua, Suites, etc.

Personally, I think that the new prices are extreme. Even with a 20% discount, they are still high considering you are on a cruise where food is supplied and already paid for in the MDR, Blu or Select Dining.

I know there is nothing forcing you or anyone else to pay for food. However, every new venue, seems to bring a charge for food. Bistro on Five went up to $7. GastroBar charging for food. The GastroBar is a failure as it was first rolled out on the Equinox. We were on the Equinox and told by upper management that it was a failure and would not be used/built on other ships.

Slushes on Equinox were $7 for non-alcoholic and $10 with alcohol. Another new venue.

Yes, I know a business needs to make a profit. Needs to satisfy stockholders. If we continue to pay, they will continue to charge more and add more pay venues.

Princess has two Specialty Restaurants (ST) and they only charge $25. How do they compare to Celebrity? Last month we did both lines and tried both SRs. RCL also charges less for their SRs. Been on them and used their SRs last year. Did I notice a difference in the food, quality, preparation, serving, etc.? No, niot anything that would justify the extra cost.

Please do not try to justify the costs. Do not tell me to cruise another line. Do not tell me not to go to the SR. I am just posting MHO. I am not trying to get into a wissing contest either. LOL

Personally, I think that the new prices are extreme. Even with a 20% discount, they are still high considering you are on a cruise where food is supplied and already paid for in the MDR, Blu or Select Dining.

I know there is nothing forcing you or anyone else to pay for food. However, every new venue, seems to bring a charge for food. Bistro on Five went up to $7. GastroBar charging for food. The GastroBar is a failure as it was first rolled out on the Equinox. We were on the Equinox and told by upper management that it was a failure and would not be used/built on other ships.

Slushes on Equinox were $7 for non-alcoholic and $10 with alcohol. Another new venue.

Yes, I know a business needs to make a profit. Needs to satisfy stockholders. If we continue to pay, they will continue to charge more and add more pay venues.

Princess has two Specialty Restaurants (ST) and they only charge $25. How do they compare to Celebrity? Last month we did both lines and tried both SRs. RCL also charges less for their SRs. Been on them and used their SRs last year. Did I notice a difference in the food, quality, preparation, serving, etc.? No, niot anything that would justify the extra cost.

Please do not try to justify the costs. Do not tell me to cruise another line. Do not tell me not to go to the SR. I am just posting MHO. I am not trying to get into a wissing contest either. LOL

I also think the additional pricing is getting out of hand - in number of venues as well as in the amount of the meal. This is, after all, above and beyond what you are already paying for your MDR food which is included in your base price. So for example, in actuality you are not paying $50 for a special meal (as some use to justify the cost as compared to special meals on land). You are paying $50 plus whatever the percentage of your cruise fare would have paid for your MDR meal. I don't mind paying extra for extra special, but the prices have risen substantially over the years - well beyond inflation which is also sometimes used to justify the high prices. I also never, ever see the infamous 2-for-1 deals others talk about (not saying they do not happen - saying I have never had them on my many sailings). I have seen discounts of around 20-25% depending on how filled the restaurants are.

I just booked with the Captains club yesterday 2 people for Tuscan on the Equinox in Oct and the email said $35 each payment pending.It was one of my 2 complimentary dinners so I know I won't be charged.She did not want to book at first and said I had to do it after boarding. But went ahead and booked for us .We will wait to book the other since we are not sure if we should try silk harvest or do Murano for a second time?

I just booked with the Captains club yesterday 2 people for Tuscan on the Equinox in Oct and the email said $35 each payment pending.It was one of my 2 complimentary dinners so I know I won't be charged.She did not want to book at first and said I had to do it after boarding. But went ahead and booked for us .We will wait to book the other since we are not sure if we should try silk harvest or do Murano for a second time?

We actually much preferred Silk Harvest to Murano. Felt Murano was a bit too 'fancy' for our tastes, and the service while good felt a bit 'snooty' - wish I could think of a better word to use but that is what comes to mind. We had wonderful service in Silk Harvest and loved the food. Not everyone is of the same opinion I realize, but that was our take on it - it has been a couple years since that cruise so not sure if things have changed.