Pets at Sea - Radiance of the Seas

Hi all,

Not an important question, I know but does anyone know if Pets at Sea is still available onboard Radiance of the Seas?

It was in February 2014 (when we last sailed) but I'd heard that Royal no longer have it. We're travelling with DS5 next week and he'd love another pet.

Thanks in advance

Jo

My friend was on Radiance in Nov and there was no Pets at Sea onboard then. There was also no Pets at Sea on board her Rhapsody cruise in January. She was told on board on both cruises that RCI are phasing it out.

We had Pets at Sea on board Voyager in Jan and I have been told via CC this week that they are onboard Voyage currently. So maybe, Voyager still has plenty of stock left and they are onboard until the stocks runs out.....

Thank goodness I read this threat - I was worried that someone was suggesting that some real pet be taken on board when I saw the thread title.

I have read in the past where some cruisers in the USA would actually like to take there real pets when cruising - I hope that will never happen although I know that the QM2 had kennels when we sailed on her several years ago - still not sure if they are still on board.

No, we're talking stuffed animals lol. As much as I love my animals, they are not travelling with me.

It's a shame they no longer do the Pets at Sea - my boy will be a little disappointed. They had the machine up in the kids club area last year.

As an aside, we were on Rhapsody a few years ago and there was a dog onboard - a guide dog and the dog seemed to cope with being onboard quite well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank goodness I read this threat - I was worried that someone was suggesting that some real pet be taken on board when I saw the thread title.

I have read in the past where some cruisers in the USA would actually like to take there real pets when cruising - I hope that will never happen although I know that the QM2 had kennels when we sailed on her several years ago - still not sure if they are still on board.

Was thinking the same, like you. Also thinking, puts a new slant to the phrase 'poop deck'.:D So pleased to read they are stuffed animals.

In the USA, Southwest Airlines allow pets onboard their flights. We saw quite a few trotting down the aisle. I can't imagine it would ever be allowed on modern day cruises though, for hygiene reasons.

I was onboard Radiance in October and they were still doing it then. Sad to hear they are phasing it out [emoji20] (carnival does something similar though as they just offered it on legend.

Was thinking the same, like you. Also thinking, puts a new slant to the phrase 'poop deck'.:D So pleased to read they are stuffed animals.

In the USA, Southwest Airlines allow pets onboard their flights. We saw quite a few trotting down the aisle. I can't imagine it would ever be allowed on modern day cruises though, for hygiene reasons.

Yes and no. Not general pets, but they do allow what are called "service animals" which sometimes causes some 'issues'.

Edited by The_Big_M

Thanks Brossy.

We did it on Carnival Spirit in 2013 but it wasn't quite as much fun - we were given a box with stuffing and had to stuff the critter ourselves. Royal had the cool stuffing machine. Oh well, our boy will still love the holiday either way.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yep QM2 still has Kennels, but limits on removing pets from them, they are mainly used, I believe on trans Atlantic crossings for people actually moving between companies, just as planes have.

Yes and no. Not general pets, but they do allow what are called "service animals" which sometimes causes some 'issues'.

Here is link to Southwest policy on carrying pets onboard.....simply for your interest:) The dogs we saw were small variety (lap dogs). They will allow a maximum of 6 per flight, and are 'meant' to be placed in a carry basket whilst in the air. We found this policy unusual/interesting.

https://www.southwest.com/pets/

Here is link to Southwest policy on carrying pets onboard.....simply for your interest:) The dogs we saw were small variety (lap dogs). They will allow a maximum of 6 per flight, and are 'meant' to be placed in a carry basket whilst in the air. We found this policy unusual/interesting.

https://www.southwest.com/pets/

Glad to here they were small. I would hate to share an arm rest with a German Shepard & don't get me started about seat recline.