Do you loose the deposit?

Hi

A friend told me of a new changes and I ran to cruise critics. He told me that if I book onboard for my next cruise even if I pick a day and ship if I cancel the reservation I will loose the deposit, is that true?

I just got off of the Adventure and booked another cruise for this summer. The Next Cruise office told me that the deposit is fully refundable if I wanted to cancel prior to 75 days before the cruise.

Hi

A friend told me of a new changes and I ran to cruise critics. He told me that if I book onboard for my next cruise even if I pick a day and ship if I cancel the reservation I will loose the deposit, is that true?

Only if you use the OBC on the current cruise instead of the future cruise booked. It's a new option.

Edited by Big_G

Hi

Effective March 6, 2015

Royal Caribbean has changed its onboard re-booking program, NextCruise, once again to offer the bonus on the cruise you are currently on instead of the future cruise.

Under the new terms of NextCruise, when you book a specific sailing while onboard a Royal Caribbean ship, the onboard credit amount you are entitled to will be added to your SeaPass account on the sailing you are on. Under the old program, the bonus was applied to your onboard account when you took the upcoming cruise.

This change only affects cruises you book that have a specific sail date. The open booking option will not change with this program.

The deposit will be nonrefundable and will be equal to the amount of onboard credit you get.

The amount of onboard credit you will receive is as follows:

•5-7 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $50

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $100

◦Grand Suite and above: $200

•8-10 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $100

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $150

◦Grand Suite and above: $300

•11-14 night cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $150

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $200

◦Grand Suite and above: $400

•15 nights or longer cruises

◦Interior/Oceanview: $200

◦Balcony/Junior Suite: $250

◦Grand Suite and above: $500

Note: C&A D+ Desk said today (3/18) that If you chose to take the OBC on the cruise you are booking on, your deposit will be non-refundable. If you chose to have the OBC applied to the cruise you are booking, then the deposit will be refundable.

HERE'S HOW IT WORKS

Book your next cruise while onboard and earn up to $500 in INSTANT credit to spend during your cruise vacation right then and there! Plus, it's combinable with your Crown & Anchor Balcony & Suite Discount or the CAS Exclusive Savings and the limited time local offer to make it the BEST deal anywhere! Will you spend your $500 in the Spa and Salon or the Photo Gallery or on an Internet Package or all of the above? See the Cruise Sales Team onboard to get your free INSTANT onboard credit as soon as you step onboard.

NextCruise Confirmed Booking: Select your ship and sail date at the time of booking. A $50 to $500 non-refundable deposit per person is required to partake in the Next Cruise program when booking 5+ night voyages. The deposit schedule is the same as the Onboard Credit Schedule and is determined by category of stateroom and length of voyage.

Reservations may be cancelled but deposit would be forfeited as it is non-refundable. Reservations may be changed to another ship or sail date up to 90 days prior to Holiday sailings and 75 days for all other sailings. Changes to reservations are applicable primarily to US, Canadian, United Kingdom, Ireland, European & Australian guests.

Not all countries follow this cancellation/change policy. Onboard credit has no cash value, is not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00PM on the final night of the cruise. Next Cruise offers are not combinable with the following rates: Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, weekly Sales Events, Net Rates or Shareholder Benefits. They are combinable with Crown & Anchor Balcony and Suite discounts and Savings Certificates.

We value our relationships with our Travel Partners and unless we are advised ahead of time, your Decide Now confirmed booking will be attributed to the Travel Partner associated with your current cruise booking. However if you wish to have your booking reflect an alternative arrangement, please advise at the time of booking and a form will be provided for you to sign as authorization.

Amount of Instant Onboard Credit ranges from $50 - $500 per stateroom and is determined based on category of stateroom and length of voyage (minimum 5 night sailing). Maximum one Instant Onboard Credit per stateroom is to be applied to the current cruise. Once deposit/Instant Onboard Credit is locked in, that will fulfill the Deposit / Instant Onboard Credit for the current cruise. Once the deposit / Instant Onboard Credit is applied, the only remaining benefit is the limited time combinable North American offer at the time of booking (excluding China product).

You may change your ship or sail date, but your onboard credit is subject to repayment out of your onboard deposit if you book a lower category or shorter sailing. Program applicable to new individual Royal Caribbean bookings made after March 6, 2015. Bookings may be transferred into non-contracted groups and full deposit may be required. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking. International deposits and requirements may vary.

Please see your Cruise Sales Team for details and deposit policies. For those guests that choose to have their Onboard Credit on their future voyage, if the original ship and sail date selected while onboard is changed in the future, we reserve the right to adjust the onboard credit amount to the Open Booking model between $25 - $100 per stateroom based on length of cruise.

After the Offer Period for any North American Offer that is combinable with your Next Cruise Booking has expired, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Additional deposits may be required for Grand Suites and above.

At least one name must remain the same on the booking. Offer is subject to change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2015 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas.