Any Discount when u book 8 or more rooms?

bjinouno

Hi I Know each agency offers different kinds of perks for booking X amount of Cabins.. My cousin is getting married during her cruise, So far she has 8 different cabins (of course she didn't talk to me first to find out the answer from all you guys out there) But everyone is booked... 4 with same agency 4 with different, (but they are connected.).. Can we link the bookings So the Bride and Groom can get either a free room or discounts? do they still OFFER free cabin for the more you book? or maybe up grade their room? Thanks I just want to know and say the right things when I talk to the agency.

She thought it was just going to be 3 cabins when this all started out, But some people are just good friends and want to share their special day.

It's usually one fare for the lowest cabin in the group. But often if you do the math and book with an agency specializing in groups, you can do so much better, but only when the reduced fares benefit everyone in the group.

It's also the reason I've avoided some "helpful" people trying to put group cruises together, and sale for free on everyone's dime. I always felt the group fare should be distributed among everyone in the group.

We did this for our wedding cruise. We had to book as a group though; which means we had two weeks from the first booking to get of first 8 rooms booked. After that we could add rooms as we pleased. We received an average cost of two berths by the time we were finished booking all 18 rooms. Didn't quite cover our aft wrap but it was a nice wedding gift. As for freeloading off our guests with this, We treated everyone to an open bar cocktail hour and dinner in the steakhouse which exceeded what we got in cash from carnival.

Instead of the cash you could get points which were spent on a bottle of wine for everyone's room, a cocktail hour, gift cards for pictures, take home robes/towels etc. We could not get the points because we asked for early saver for everyone in lieu of that program. Which also got everyone on average 150-200 off their original bookings. I am very glad i had a group PVP who was amazing at keeping all of this together for me.

Hi I Know each agency offers different kinds of perks for booking X amount of Cabins.. My cousin is getting married during her cruise, So far she has 8 different cabins (of course she didn't talk to me first to find out the answer from all you guys out there) But everyone is booked... 4 with same agency 4 with different, (but they are connected.).. Can we link the bookings So the Bride and Groom can get either a free room or discounts? do they still OFFER free cabin for the more you book? or maybe up grade their room? Thanks I just want to know and say the right things when I talk to the agency.

She thought it was just going to be 3 cabins when this all started out, But some people are just good friends and want to share their special day.

I am fairly sure that you cannot each book with different TA's...would have to book with same TA or directly with Carnival.

I am fairly sure that you cannot each book with different TA's...would have to book with same TA or directly with Carnival.

The key to it is the group number. All participating cabins must be booked in that group to get the benefit.

They would have to be booked together and as a GROUP cruise! With the 8 cabins booked under different agencies now, it may be difficult to get them rounded up as a group. HOWEVER, I would call the TA (who should have been smart enough to take the reins on this in the first place), and see what they can do at this point.

They would have to be booked together and as a GROUP cruise! With the 8 cabins booked under different agencies now, it may be difficult to get them rounded up as a group. HOWEVER, I would call the TA (who should have been smart enough to take the reins on this in the first place), and see what they can do at this point.

I am fairly certain they can do nothing with the cabins already booked. Future cabins, yes.

I am fairly certain they can do nothing with the cabins already booked. Future cabins, yes.

I think Jimbo is right, but it never hurts to ask. I'd try it. All they can do is say no. If the answer is no you can have your existing bookings linked so they will seat you together at dinner time.

I think Jimbo is right, but it never hurts to ask. I'd try it. All they can do is say no. If the answer is no you can have your existing bookings linked so they will seat you together at dinner time.

It is worth a try and the link for dinner etc makes sense as well. If they did allow a change I would love to have it posted here.