Cabin 8070 on Legend of the Seas - under the GYM!

Hello, we have just been given our cabin assignment of JS 8070 and I saw on the deck plans it is located under the gym. One reviewer who recently stayed in 8072 said it was under the treadmills and the pounding was constant throughout the day starting 6.00am and going through to 10.00pm -am really concerned about this now and have emailed my travel agent to see if I can change. Has anyone stayed in a cabin directly below a gym before! am prepared to downgrade to a normal balcony cabin if no more Junior Suites available but really wanted the extra room as we are a family of 3 and first time cruisers for 2 of us.

I would agree.. but to further that point.... Many people report noise above them when they are on any floor in which the pool, the windjammer or the gym is above them. things like, deck chairs being moved around at 5 am , the treadmill noises,clean up or vacumes in the windjammer...etc.. you get the point.

In my opinion it's always best to book on a deck in which their is a stateroom above you as opposed to any public space. Just my opinion. But if it was me, I would switch to a different room location or type if need be

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

We were in cabin 8066 last summer. I think this one was more under the spa. The only noise we heard was some pretty annoying vibration the first night. For some reason that was the only night this happened.

There were other minor sounds from above ..cannot recall for sure but perhaps there were food trolleys being pushed around.

I would happily stay in this cabin again. We got a big upgrade because there was a lot of fear last spring regarding the Baltic and Russia, causing many cruisers to cancel.

thank you so much to those that responded, agt has got back to me offering 8522 or 8082 (aft cabin). 8522 I sunder whirlpool on deck 9 and 8082 is just under sports deck so looking at those to see if any one has concerns, definitely feel better about moving!

thank you so much to those that responded, agt has got back to me offering 8522 or 8082 (aft cabin). 8522 I sunder whirlpool on deck 9 and 8082 is just under sports deck so looking at those to see if any one has concerns, definitely feel better about moving!

The aft "sports deck" on Legend is used as a quiet outdoor sun lounge, not as an actual sports deck. Deck 10 just above it has the rock climbing wall so you will get the odd "bell ding" during climbing open hours.

The sports deck area is only accessible by one staircase from Deck 10 or by going THROUGH the gym/spa entirely, so not many people find it.

Legend of the Seas, I believe, also has a small aft staircase inside that will take you from deck 8 directly into the spa area (free sauna and relaxation room with view). No activities are scheduled out there. Just a handful of loungers and one of the last teak decks anywhere in the fleet.

That is to say, much better location for a cabin to be under.

Here is a photo of the "sports deck"

DSCF2040_zps241504a9.jpg

Edited by LMaxwell

Would definitely recommend moving cabins. We were on the Legend Christmas/New Year 2013/14, and had a JS directly under the gym, all we heard from early in the morning was the thud of free weights being dropped on the floor. Luckily we are normally early risers on cruises but not at 5am.