Dinner menus...Actual Photos?

Weena

Did anyone take photos of the 'actual' menus for the 7 day cruise? Leaving 4/11/15 on Crown to Mexican Riviera. Our 1st with Princess! Have never had a cruise that wasn't Excellent! Excited!!

Did anyone take photos of the 'actual' menus for the 7 day cruise? Leaving 4/11/15 on Crown to Mexican Riviera. Our 1st with Princess! Have never had a cruise that wasn't Excellent! Excited!!

As "shredie" posted menus on most ships are similar & here is a link to 7 examples of Royal Princess menus to maybe give you an idea & they appear to be similar to our recent cruises including a 3-day on the Crown in January:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/dr-mast_dinner-3-june-13_7_day_caribbean_.pdf

During the 50th anniversary year of celebration Princess has a special menu usually available on a formal night & this is one page of the menu:

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/50th-anniversary/50th-Anniversary-Menu.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

Those are NOT the menus we had on the Princess Regal March 15-March 22 2015. Last week

We had a Caribbean menu which featured native dishes. Heavy on the Pork. Heavy on the black beans. red beans. rice. Highly spiced.

FEW of the entrees...salads or appetizers shown on that menu above were on ANY menu we saw in the MDR last week.

Be forewarned. If I had it to do over again....I would spend the money and book both The Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I would eat in Afredo's at least twice. It was excellent. the Harvest Buffett was large.

Rest of Cruise........as good as Princess always is......and I LOST weight. Every cloud has a silver lining.

TAKE some TUMS or such. I thought some one was running wild with the hot pepper sauce in the galley..but that might just be me. Fish choice was offered nightly. Steak was offered one night. covered in sauce. ugh....PRINCESS.........what are you thinking?????????????

Edited by AmberTeka

I had heard those menus existed. I think I'll go look them up. Were the usual "always available" items missing? I can see how that would be problem.

OP is going to Mexico on the Crown, so I don't think the weird menu will appear.

Edited by shredie

I had heard those menus existed. I think I'll go look them up. Were the usual "always available" items missing? I can see how that would be problem.

OP is going to Mexico on the Crown, so I don't think the weird menu will appear.

The food we've had that was described as "hot" has always been very mild but it appears that the Caribbean menu may be the exception. It's part of Princess' effort to respond to passenger desire to have more regional cuisine but apparently not all passengers want it. I like the concept but it's impossible to have everyone happy all of the time. ;)

"Experience the flavor of the Caribbean islands on Regal Princess with our new regional menus. Debuting on Regal Princess in the Caribbean, but launching across the across the fleet, the new regional menus will help you become more immersed in the destinations you are visiting. The new dining menus on Regal Princess will feature regional culinary stories that introduce you to the islands' exotic fusion of flavors, bringing the zest of the region onboard as you sail under the warm, Caribbean sun."

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/gp/top-10/reason-3/#.VRLuPxhHarV

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm actually thrilled that they are spicing up the menu for the Caribbean trips (24 days and counting). That is our one complaint about Princess food, too bland.

Spiced Goat Curry was one of the selections. Entrée. Enjoy to your heart's content. I admire your ability to eat the regional specialties.

I hope you really, really like pork. And beans. Black. Red. Rice.

Desserts were good. One night they had a green salad.

Over eating was not an issue for me. Out of all bad comes some good.

I'm actually thrilled that they are spicing up the menu for the Caribbean trips (24 days and counting). That is our one complaint about Princess food, too bland.

Too bland until a head waiter makes Penne Arrabiatta & makes it hot enough to sweat. :p

Oh man, goat curry is awesome!

I had it for the first time near the beach in St. Maarten and now we make it at home. There is an organic farm near here that raises goats and we can get shanks really inexpensively.