Has anyone been to Galway, Ireland?

My daughter went to Galway and said we should try to go there.

We were staying in Dublin and booked a tour to that side of Ireland and thought it was beautiful. Anywhere you go in Ireland is lovely as are the people.:)

Cole

We spent 5 days there with family members as we were planning to go to Spiddal to visit relatives. Loved it in Galway!!!! We did a day tour from Galway out thru Connemara, Kylemore Abbey, and several other stops on a tour bus. Loved every minute of that day too.

Galway is a nice town, if a little touristy, with plenty of bars playing 'tiddly tiddly' Irish music. The real reason for going to Galway is not the town itself, but the fantastic countryside all around. Use Galway as a base, hire a car and explore.

• 4 weeks later...
Galway is a nice town, if a little touristy, with plenty of bars playing 'tiddly tiddly' Irish music. The real reason for going to Galway is not the town itself, but the fantastic countryside all around. Use Galway as a base, hire a car and explore.

I totally agree. We did a vacation where we drove all around Ireland. The west was my favorite part. Some great day trips from Galway are to explore the Connemarra region (you can hike up a mountain at the national park for some great views), the Burren, Dingle, and the Cliffs of Mohr. The city itself was ok. We didn't dpend much time there.

My daughter went to Galway and said we should try to go there.

We spent three nights in Galway last May on a land trip to Ireland and really liked the City. Don't miss the pedestrian zone for shopping in the old town area and the beautiful Galway Cathedral located along the river. There's lots of nightlife, some good restaurants and it's a great home base for exploring the West Coast of Ireland. We took a day trip to the Arran Islands, which you can arrange from Galway, which was absolutely spectacular as was our day trip exploring the Burren and the Cliffs of Mohr. Enjoy--we loved our time in Ireland.