Carnival Steakhouse question

omar151

I have read that Carnival offers a free bottle of wine if you go the their steakhouse on the first sailing day. Does anybody know if Carnival still offers this? 52 days left till my 7 day ! Thank you and happy cruising everybody. :)

Yes they do give that complimentary bottle of wine the first evening, don't make that decide when you want to go to the steakhouse we chose the red and it was like vinegar real cheap. Anybody know what brand it was?

Very good to know. Thank you lyndamr :)

Yes, you can choose either a red or white wine for free on the first night. What I also learned on my last cruise that you can purchase a bottle of wine for 50% off of the normal price instead of choosing the free bottle on the first night as well. We opted to get a very nice bottle of a favorite wine at a great price instead of the free bottle.

Yes, you can choose either a red or white wine for free on the first night. What I also learned on my last cruise that you can purchase a bottle of wine for 50% off of the normal price instead of choosing the free bottle on the first night as well. We opted to get a very nice bottle of a favorite wine at a great price instead of the free bottle.

Thanks for that information, I did not know that. The last couple times we had the free white, it was just ok but will definitely take advantage of getting a better bottle for 50% off.

This was not true on all ships. The Glory gave a great bottle of wine 50% off and they let us get second bottle at 50%, but the Breeze just gave you the cheap stuff and no 50% option. They asked us at the steakhouse to PLEASE lodge complaint. We and many others said keep the cheap stuff and didn't eat there. That was in December 2014. I am hoping this has changed since then.

On the Magic in December 2014, we received a free bottle of wine in the Steakhouse on the 2nd night of the cruise because it was the first Elegant night. I was not expecting that at all, but apparently that's how they do it. However, it was not a wine worth getting excited over. :(

Three weeks ago on the miracle it was a complimentary bottle the first night, not sure if they had the 50%. The second night we got the 50%. Last July on our Alaska cruise we got the complimentary bottle on both the first and second night, we were never offered the 50% on that cruise. I must say the complimentary is not very good, I drank it though!

there is a danger to eating in the steakhouse on your first night; nothing will measure up after that!

That's why on our two Carnival cruises we have eaten at the steak house 4/7 nights both cruises, it is very good. We went to the cooking demo, unfortunately we saw the same one last summer, however they served a great mushroom soup. We asked if there was any chance of getting it as a starter and they had it for us at our next visit. Very nice indeed, they rate right up there with the RCI specialty restaurants.

I have read that Carnival offers a free bottle of wine if you go the their steakhouse on the first sailing day. Does anybody know if Carnival still offers this? 52 days left till my 7 day ! Thank you and happy cruising everybody. :)

It's actually the first 2 nights. But it hardly is an incentive. The wine expires at midnight.

It's actually the first 2 nights. But it hardly is an incentive. The wine expires at midnight.

Now that I think about it, we did go the second night on our recent cruise. We were offered the free wine or 50% off which I jumped at because as you put it, "the free wine expires at midnight!" The 50 off brought it to Canadian liquor store prices which is still too much!