has anyone been successful using Facetime or Skype on premium internet on Sunshine?

LoriSan

I gave up my steakhouse reservation to use the money towards the internet plan, so I can talk to my son. First time away without him!

Has anyone been successful? If I pay $100 or whatever the cost is, and it doesn't work, I'll be angry!

I've used Facetime successfully on the Sunshine - with the 'old' internet package - that was on a transatlantic - so sometimes service was spotty and it would take a while to connect - or sometimes disconnect...! Hoping the new 'premium' package will be better? YMMV

Edited by Froufie

I gave up my steakhouse reservation to use the money towards the internet plan, so I can talk to my son. First time away without him!

Has anyone been successful? If I pay $100 or whatever the cost is, and it doesn't work, I'll be angry!

I was on the Breeze in February with the new package and purchaesd the $100 plan an ZERO luck with it when trying Facetime. I did go to the desk and let them know and they did offer to refund the plan, since I was still using it for work email, etc they gave me a $50 credit instead so I didn't have to go in and purchase a new plan.

We did have very high winds our trip and I know that would be something that would intefer but next trip I am just doing the $60 package and using IM to keep in touch with kids.

Hi, was unable to post a question to the main carnival sunshine thread so I thought I would place it here since it is internet related. We will be on Sunshine 10/31 for an 8 day cruise. I have 2 questions. 1. Where do I find various internet packages for the ship? I have been to the carnival website but have been reading some conflicting stories from various people on different forums. Is there unlimited internet that you can buy for the whole cruise? I need this for work as does my husband. 2. Does the carnival sunshine have the NFL package or is it just the thurs, sunday and Monday night games and one game at 1p and 4p? This may not seem important to some but that sunday is a sea day and I am traveling with rabid football fans. Any feedback would be helpful.