Baggage allowance

Priya2

My DH would love me to have a limited luggage allowance...for "his comfort and convenience". He's the one who does all the heavy lifting!

I would say mine also since he has to rangle all the luggage, but my DH packs just as much as I do, plus his shoes take up 3x the space mine do.

I would say mine also since he has to rangle all the luggage, but my DH packs just as much as I do, plus his shoes take up 3x the space mine do.

Mine also. And each time we get ready to start packing, he asks me, "Maybe this trip you could bring less clothing and shoes?" It's a rhetorical question, that doesn't require an answer. He knows this by now...

WOW 200 pounds? Somebody forgot to mention this to Thurston and Lovey Howell on our last cruise :D They had so many bags that the even taxi VAN driver (yes, van) was concerned about getting all of in his taxi VAN. :eek: It was quite comical since it was a 7 day cruise. :)

Mine also. And each time we get ready to start packing, he asks me, "Maybe this trip you could bring less clothing and shoes?" It's a rhetorical question, that doesn't require an answer. He knows this by now...

We have a rule: If she can't lift it, it is too heavy. I, of course, still schlep her luggage.:D She, of course, ignores the rule and gives me this look :rolleyes:

Pryia - the drive is very easy, motorway nearly all the way.

It takes us about five hours including a break, usually around Birmingham. Previously we have always driven down the day before and stayed in a hotel at the docks. However, for our upcoming cruise in May we are just going to get up early, plan to leave the house by 5/6am and drive down. We figure that early Saturday morning in May shouldn't be too bad traffic wise, not sure I would be so laid back about the traffic if it was peak school holidays.

Deb

Pryia - the drive is very easy, motorway nearly all the way.

It takes us about five hours including a break, usually around Birmingham. Previously we have always driven down the day before and stayed in a hotel at the docks. However, for our upcoming cruise in May we are just going to get up early, plan to leave the house by 5/6am and drive down. We figure that early Saturday morning in May shouldn't be too bad traffic wise, not sure I would be so laid back about the traffic if it was peak school holidays.

Deb

Thanks Deb. Don't you have a niggling worry that the car will have a major breakdown on route?:eek: