Carnival Dream -- kids Camp?? help!

DONNAKG

We are sailing Sunday Mar 29 on the Dream. This is the second time for us but, this time the whole fam damily is going>LOL

So I have looked for info on kids program but was nothing on the DREAM.

We have 6 little ones,,, so can anyone tell me your comments on the Kids

program. ??? times? activities? any info, etc.

We have one 8yr old, 2 -- six yrs olds, --one 4yr-- one 2 yrs old, all girls

and one little boy 1 yr old-- will be 2 in four months? would they also make

exceptions for the 1 yr old and let him attend??

My daughter is reluctant to hand over her kids to strangers.(::rolleyes:

I would think these people working with the kids are professional

thanks-- Donnakg

My son is older, but he has loved the program. There is always a meeting after sail away. You can sing up and ask questions then. The fun times in your room will have exact time. You can also pre register when you do online check in

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be on your cruise with my 6 and 4 year old girls so glad to hear you have girls the same ages coming! We were on the Dream last spring break and my girls LOVED the kids program! They have activities all day, late night parties, movie nights... Always something to do. You have to sign them in and out with your sail and sign card so it is very safe. They also give you a cell phone for the little ones so they can call you if there are any problems. Happy cruising maybe we will see you at the kids club :)

We have one 8yr old, 2 -- six yrs olds, --one 4yr-- one 2 yrs old, all girls

and one little boy 1 yr old-- will be 2 in four months? would they also make

exceptions for the 1 yr old and let him attend??

thanks-- Donnakg

No to the 1 year old, though there are a few family play times when a parent can go in with him.

Depending on personalities, sometimes 2 and even 4 year olds have a difficult time with camp.

We cruised with the kids for the first time last November. Camp Carnival wasn't nearly as useful as we were hoping.

Check out the hours:

They open at 10:00am.

They don't feed your kids lunch, so you need to pick them up a couple of hours later to feed them.

Then they close at 3:30p for dinner.

:(

Seriously, that's just a lot of going back and forth and back and forth and constantly having to pay attention to the time. We were really hoping be able to just RELAX and CHILL a bit on sea days, but all we did was shuttle the kids to and from CC.

Oh, and there isn't any way to contact parents of the older kids. Just the little ones. My oldest (10 years old) got seasick on the last seaday and spent a couple of hours just throwing up in CC. There wasn't anyway for them to get a hold of us since we weren't in the cabin.

Edited by MaiTaiMary

just a tip, make sure you fill out the paperwork for camp carnival in your booking online at carnival. Print out the forms and bring them with you so you dont have to fill them out at CC orientation the first night.

Each set of parents for the 2-4 yr olds will get issued a cell phone (only works onboard). You can call ANY cabin on the ship. This is helpful for the older ones as you can give them the number to the phone and they can call you from camp carnival if they want you to come get them or something. You will need to keep the phone with you because when you drop off or pick up your 2-4 yr olds from camp, they will ask to see it. If the battery dies, simply take the phone back to CC and they will replace the battery.

My now 4 yr old has never gone to camp carnival on any of his cruises (he is very clingy even though he goes to daycare full time). My older 2 kids LOVE CC and spend as much time there as possible.

Edited by DobberDog

Its not nearly as bad as Mai TaiMary depicts...lol Sounds like she just wanted babysitting service for whole cruise!! It is closed for only 1 hour each late afternoon. Opens in plenty of time before the early dinner sitting and they offer supervision of evening meals in buffet area each night. Their is babysitting service , for a fee from 10pm-1am si you can enjoy some night life as you choose.

My 5 year old Grandson loved it on the Breeze this past January>>>he would go in after breakfast ...He also spent time with us at the Waterpark for several hours each day...so there was a nice balance of family time and some kid time for him.

They are professionals and do a great job with plenty of activities offered....Alot more updated items and more room on the Dream class ships which you will be sailing on.

Just a note...They do break up the groups and I believe your children may end up in different age groups...Its possible they may make an exception with only a year difference. My Grandson was 5 and in the younger group and seemed to be bored so we asked if he could try the 6-8 year group and they allowed it...he would go in there at the beginning but always ended up back in younger group...I think he just wanted the freedom to choose...lol,

Have a great cruise...

Edited by lcpagejr

just a tip, make sure you fill out the paperwork for camp carnival in your booking online at carnival. Print out the forms and bring them with you so you dont have to fill them out at CC orientation the first night.

First of all a big *thank you * for all your help!

I am not sure what FORMS you are speaking of.

We have registered online for youth program.

The kiddos have no food allergy or special needs so

we dont need to print those forms ,, sooo I"m confused,,and a little slow in my old age LOL please advise!!:confused:

thanks so much for all the hints!

Donnakg

Ok I just checked my online checkin for my upcoming cruise, they have seriously changed the camp carnival checkin since Jan 2015. Disregard my comment about printing the forms.

Edited by DobberDog

Hello, this thread has been really helpful! We're sailing with our 3yo and 6yo next year and want to definitely take advantage of CC. It'll be the end of the summer holidays so they'll be ready to hang out with other kids their age.

nydney1 - can you post the 6-8 activities please? It would be good to be able to see the sort of thing both of them will be doing.

Ok I just checked my online checkin for my upcoming cruise, they have seriously changed the camp carnival checkin since Jan 2015. Disregard my comment about printing the forms.

Oh well-- I have them printed just in case!!

BTW-- what is the difference?

thanks for your help

Donnakg