Spring Break on Allure??

My wife and I have a 6 (she'll be 7) yr old daughter and we are considering Allure for Spring Break 2016. We've been on Oasis/Allure several times and love the ships. We've never gone during Spring Break, though. Ours is an earlier Spring Break (March 6). How much wilder are the more expensive (overall) ships during Spring Break? Has anyone sailed Allure/Oasis during Spring Break (especially earlier in Spring Break time frame) in 2014 or 2015 with any experience/info? Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

We are booked for Spring Break 2016 on Allure, our roll call has been very active now for over 10 months.

Most of the pax signed up are families with kids, ranging from 3-15

From experiencing spring break cruises past, the crazy ones are more the 3-4 night sailings (not saying we are against crazy):)

(If only we were 21 again, these we would of been perfect)

The 7 night cruises in our experience have more younger kids, rather than college kids.

We have always enjoyed spring break cruises, DW is a teacher so one of the more convenient times for us to sail.

IMO, I say go for it, if you do come join our roll call

Edit: just realized you will be on the sailing the week before ours.

Happy Days!!

Edited by PompeySailor

Can I ask when schools have Spring Break in 2016? We are from Canada so was only looking at avoiding our March Break and Easter weekend (end of March next year)....didn't realize that US schools have different spring breaks which could go into April.

As for prices, you can book for March and April 2016, and also compare to other times of the year to see the cost of various Allure cruises.

Edited by LuCruise

We sailed on Allure on 2 March last year - i.e. during Spring Break. Other than one group of around 12 young people drinking from rum runners on the deck and then being rather noisy in the Solarium (on one day) we saw no evidence of the horror stories others have posted about Spring Break cruisers.

The length of the cruise (7 nights) and the cost probably put off many Spring Breakers when they could get cheaper cruises on shorter trips.

We were on the Allure March 8th, Spring Break peak week...still sad to be off :(

We saw hardly any Spring Breakers at all. The majority of the college age kids we noticed seemed to be traveling with family. We traveled with my 9 & 11 year olds and they had plenty of kids in the camp to play with. However, we have definitely seen more kids in the camp on the ship Thanksgiving week and on past Spring Breaks. We have cruised the past three years on Spring Break peak week (I am a FL teacher so I have no choice) and the only year we encountered a lot of Spring Breakers was the Jewel of the Seas. It was a 5 night cruise and I am guessing that was why.

Have a great time :)

Can I ask when schools have Spring Break in 2016? We are from Canada so was only looking at avoiding our March Break and Easter weekend (end of March next year)....didn't realize that US schools have different spring breaks which could go into April.

As for prices, you can book for March and April 2016, and also compare to other times of the year to see the cost of various Allure cruises.

In the U.S. most school grades K-12 Spring break is usually Easter Week and that date varies...colleges can run their Spring Break from Mid Feb. thru to the end of March..I am going on the Oasis this spring break with my high school senior ( he also turns 18 the week before we go) and I expect mainly families with all ages of kids...based on what I am paying for this trip...if college kids can afford this trip without traveling with their family...they are doing way better than I was in college...lol...I would not worry about a week long cruise...just expect a full ship ..

Here's a link only for 2016 colleges/universities Spring Breaks.

http://studenttravel.about.com/od/springbrea1/fl/When-is-Spring-Break-Dates-for-2016.htm

We were just on the Oasis 3/14/15 sailing and it didn't seem to be terribly rowdy. I noticed a fair number of younger kids roaming about and not a ton of college age kids. However, we were travelling with a toddler we were doing a lot more geared towards little kids and not really spending a lot of time in the bars, clubs, or on the pool deck.

The loudest night I ever noticed (and we had a Boardwalk balcony) was the last night, but that wasn't even terribly loud.

Edited by Imalinata