unhappy on the adventure

1) Nowhere in her post does she say she has travel insurance. All she says is that she has coverage for her medical supplies. If this information was provided in a later post, so be it. But I responded to her first post, not her later posts.

2) "She had a 7 day supply of her meds in her carry on.... one would think traveling from Seattle to San Juan would not use up all her supplies" First of all, clearly both of you are wrong, since in fact it wasn't enough. Second, clearly neither one of you have ever heard of lost luggage. It happens and that is the reason you do not put important items, such as necessary medical supplies, in checked baggage.

3) "She didn't say it was RCI fault, all she wanted was soap, shampoo toothbrush/paste etc and maybe just maybe an I'm Sorry... it goes a long way"

She she did say it was Royal Caribbean's fault ...

"unhappy on the adventure ... But since we booked our flights with the guarantee from Choice to get us to our ship on time, we feel that we deserve a little compensation somehow! "

If she doesn't think it is Royal Caribbean's fault, then why did she write what she wrote that I have quoted above?

As to the following claim ...

"We finally decided to go with the Royal Caribbean – Choice airlines because they guarantee that they will get you to the ship on time. We thought, great!!!

Says it right on their website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...&pnav=1&snav=9"

Well, this is what it says ...

It says:

1) you get their lowest airfare guarantee

2) the assurance that you'll arrive at your cruise on time

3) 24/7 support if anything comes up

1) The guarantee is for the airfare, not for getting to the ship on time.

2) They only "assure" that you arrive at your cruise on time, they don't guarantee it.

3) They offer 24/7 support. Why would they need to do this if they were guaranteeing that they would get to the ship on time? And in fact they did offer the 24/7 support.

Again, I don't us cruise air because of the many noted problems. I don't fly in the day of the cruise, because of the many noted problems. I have several credit cards (though in reality, two would be enough) because of the many noted problems.

Could the situation have been handled better? Yes, by the airlines, the cruise line and the passenger. What good is insurance if you can't use it because you cannot afford the extra costs that the insurance would have reimbursed you for???

Do not pack necessary medical supplies in checked baggage.

Get a credit card (two would be better).

Fly in the day before.

Be realistic. Nobody can guarantee anything, so if someone does, don't trust them. We do not live in a perfect world. There is no excuse for losing luggage, but it happens, so be prepared if it happens to you. Mechanical issues happen. You have to allow for that.

In today's world, you cannot show up at someone's door and say, here I am, take care of me, and then expect that everything will go according to plan.

Definition of Assure;

assure

[ əˈSHo͝or ]

VERB

verb: assure · third person present: assures · past tense: assured · past participle: assured · present participle: assuring

1. tell someone something positively or confidently to dispel any doubts they may have:
    "Tony assured me that there was a supermarket in the village"
    synonyms: reassure · convince · satisfy · persuade · guarantee · promise · tell · affirm · pledge · swear · vow
    More

• make (someone) sure of something:
      "you would be assured of a fine welcome"

[*]make (something) certain to happen:

"victory was now assured"

synonyms: ensure · secure · guarantee · seal · clinch · confirm · sew up:

Definition of Assure;

assure

[ əˈSHo͝or ]

VERB

verb: assure · third person present: assures · past tense: assured · past participle: assured · present participle: assuring

1. tell someone something positively or confidently to dispel any doubts they may have:
    "Tony assured me that there was a supermarket in the village"
    synonyms: reassure · convince · satisfy · persuade · guarantee · promise · tell · affirm · pledge · swear · vow
    More

• make (someone) sure of something:
      "you would be assured of a fine welcome"

[*]make (something) certain to happen:

"victory was now assured"

synonyms: ensure · secure · guarantee · seal · clinch · confirm · sew up:

LOLOLOLOL

OK, the OP should have gone to their dictionary to know the difference between assure and guarantee.:eek:

Now back to reality,,,,I think most would agree that assure means in this instance a guarantee of some sort.:eek:

I don't know who is flying them that is ranking them better than the "brand name" airline. Unless they are ranking them on the "you get what you pay for" merits. If the standard is "I paid for cheap and practically non-existent services and they delivered exactly that," I suppose they do rank fairly high.

You can't deny that Southwest offers very competitive rates, if not "cheap" rates.

The last time I flew with the "brand name" airline, at least I got some sort of apology and compensation for the inconvenience. I was given vouchers for future air travel, some compensation for meals due to our flight being over 6 hours later taking off than it should have. It was even a "mechanical difficulty"- one those things they don't normally cover when offering kindness to their passengers.

What did I get from Southwest? A door slammed in my face when I tried to claim my luggage and a twit cursing at me telling me losing my luggage was part of the joy of flying.

The last time anything like that happened to me was when I flew a brand name airline. Southwest has not yet had anything to apologize to me for.

Its amazing how some threads like this that are filled with insults from both sides are allowed to stay yet other threads that arent near this heated are yanked.

So far, nothing has been accomplished here. The OP hasnt even been back in a few days that I can tell. This is just typical Cruise Critic banter at this point that serves no purpose IMHO.

OP, now that Ive thought about it, Royal Caribbean should you a couple grand for your missing luggage and then a free cruise on the ship of your choice in a suite with 2000.00 in OBC for such a "nightmare" that you lived onboard while on your cruise. Im sure there will still be some here that would be upset with that though. :rolleyes:

Good luck. I am gonna do my best to no longer following this mess.

Edited by ryano