BrotherCraig….beach day help please

MWD

Hello, we are going to Cozumel on the Oasis of the Seas on Thursday, September 3rd. Docks 8 am to 7 pm. Two other ships dock that day (Carnival Paradise and Freedom) but we arrive first. I have a family of 8: 55, 52, 26, 26, 23, 23, 21, and a 1.5 year old baby. We are picky eaters so looking for salads, burgers, and fries. I am confused and need direction. We want a beach, restrooms, chairs, umbrellas/shade, and food/drink. Snorkeling from beach a bonus, and no rocky beach bottom. Don't want to deal with water shoes. All inclusive would be great for the young adults but keep in mind we have a baby. Our crew loves banana boats as well. I've been looking at El Cozumeleno, Sabor, Nachi Cocom, Mr. Sanchos. All of these are around the same price and all look nice. Playa Mia looked good but their food choices do not work. Food looks awful for our group. Just saw something for Chankanaab National Park.

Based on the above, what would you recommend? Should we reserve in advance? Approximately how much would it cost for a taxi? We like music as well but not a place that is playing music so loud you cannot hear yourself talk.

You seem extremely knowledgable so I'm reaching out to you.

I am not BC, but based upon your situation I would head to Mr. Sanchos. You can book in advance and save about $5 each. No beach with a nice sandy bottom will have great snorkeling, but you'll see some fish if you go out far enough.

Two standard cabs will take all 8 of you for about $17 per cab - you might find a van taxi to take all 8 of you together but will not save much; cab fares will be posted near the cab line for your pier. The drive takes 10-15 min.

Bring your own car seat for the baby and tip the driver a couple of bucks for the time spent installing and uninstalling the seat.

Good luck! :)

PB is larger than the others, great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach with a few rocky spots. Offers water toys similar to those at Mr. Sanchos. $5 per person admission.

Wife and I prefer the quiet atmosphere at Nachi - when our 20 something daughters come along I get out voted and we wind up at Mr. S.

Your call! :)

Paradise Beach is larger than Mr. Sancho's and Nachi? I'm so confused. PB looks really nice, but I'm wondering if with entrance fee, food, and a few drinks I'll be right at the $55 AI cost anyway. All three look nice. Probably can't go wrong with any of them, but I do have 5 kids ages 26-21. We can get burgers and fries at all three? American food? OK which one has the nicest pool and beach or are they all the same? Snorkel from the beach?

How much do you know about Jamaica? Debating on Hilton Rose Hall all inclusive or Dr. Cave's Beach. Don't want to be bugged about buying things all day from locals. Thanks JohninDC for you help. Greatly appreciate it.

Sandy beach and snorkeling do not go together. PB, Mr. S, and Nachi all have sandy beaches with few rocks. They are great for loafing but do not have much to see when snorkeling. Areas for snorkeling have rocky iron shore. Chank, Playa Uvas and Playa Corona are good snorkeling but entry into the water is not easy because of rocks.

Chankanaab is one of the few places that we have gone to twice. Now that they have doubled the entrance fee, I doubt that we will be back

Paradise Beach is larger than Mr. Sancho's and Nachi? I'm so confused. PB looks really nice, but I'm wondering if with entrance fee, food, and a few drinks I'll be right at the $55 AI cost anyway. All three look nice. Probably can't go wrong with any of them, but I do have 5 kids ages 26-21. We can get burgers and fries at all three? American food? OK which one has the nicest pool and beach or are they all the same? Snorkel from the beach?

As mentioned above, none of the three will offer great snorkeling from the beach.

Nachi does not offer any water toys, etc. - just a quiet, relaxing beach day with a small pool.

I still think your crew would be happiest at Mr. Sanchos - facilities, atmosphere, water toys, etc. You might not save any $$ by going AI, but it keeps you from worrying about $$ every time someone asks for another coke or beer - pay it all off up front and then just order another margarita every time you are tempted to think about the bill :rolleyes:. There are on-line booking options for Mr. Sanchos that get the AI down to about $50 per person.