international cafe

sammybonny

Sadly being diagnosed with Diabetes, after our last cruise, the IC will be an evil temptation this trip. I might dabble. It is a great place.

They have some gluten-free stuff, I think, so I would expect maybe some sugar-free. Anyone know?

They have some gluten-free stuff, I think, so I would expect maybe some sugar-free. Anyone know?

Sugar-free desserts are always available.

For other parts of the meal, you would have to discuss with your headwaiter.

IMO, the IC is not generally a place were people seem to "camp out." As others have said, it's a walk-up area for grabbing a quick sandwich, salad, dessert, etc. During the day, the turnover of tables is pretty quick, especially on port days. The sandwiches and salads remain fairly constant, but the cookies and other desserts will change throughout the cruise, so stop by a few times and you might see something different, or highly in demand that is not always available like the little cups of tiramisu that I could not get enough of on this last cruise (and apparently, neither could others). :D

That depends on the itinerary. We take longer cruises with a lot of sea days, and on sea days the IC is pretty busy all day. People sit in the piazza reading, people watching, and talking with other passengers for many hours. It gets even busier at lunch time. That being said, you can usually find a table somewhere. There are tables and chairs in the coffee bar, too, but I think those are for people who are ordering the paid coffee and other drinks. We often take food from IC up to our cabin and enjoy it out on our balcony, too.

I know they have gluten free and I'm pretty sure about the sugar free. They do try to meet the common requests.

The gluten free strawberry mousse meringue cookies are to die for :)

Nothing free other than water. If you are a coffee drinker I would suggest buying a coffee card....only place to get "real" coffee and not from concentrate. They do serve some food (no charge). It is open 24 hours which is always a plus.

Just off the Grand a week ago and surprisingly enough, we found the standard coffee aboard to be just fine (we always use whole-bean fresh ground at home) and free, everywhere, including the IC. We had a coffee card but the only need for it at the International café was for their "specialty coffees".

...VTX-Al

I agree on both the Crown and Emerald this year, I noticed starting around midnight til around 5:00am they had a complimentary coffee set up in the IC

First time I've seen it, so based on your Ruby report and my Crown and Emerald experience it looks like it might be a new fleet wide improvement.. Lets hope so .

Srpilo

So I could take an insulated mug and packets of soup powder mix, and make myself a hot "supper drink" of soup before settling for the night? Already noted to grab cookies and "stash" in a container brought from home for the night-time munchies.

As I'm going to my State Capital for medical tests after the cruise, I will already have some soup sachets with me for use at the hotel-I have put extra supplies on my shopping list to be purchased when on special-it might only be $1 a time, but it adds up to extra On Board Spending money over a year!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Good Day, Recently completed 15 day Hawaii cruise (3/21 to 4/5). We LOVED LOVED the International Cafe. It was open 24 hours. There was seating (little tables/chairs) near IC counter and around the Piazza. Most of the time we did not have a problem getting a seat. In AM both display cases had lots of VERY VERY tasty cakes, pastries, donuts. Yum! YUM! Around 1100, they would add delicious salads/sandwiches. The IC also had a coffee/tea bar. They had fresh brewed coffee, lattes, capachinos, etc for a FEE. I RECOMMEND buying a coffee card for approximately $29. This card was good for 15 specialty lattes/capachinos/frozen coffees, etc. It also entitled you to all the fresh brewed coffee/tea that you watrd. The fresh brewed coffee or tea did not count as a punch. I loved it. Also, if you do not use all your punches, the card can be used on next cruise for lattes/capachinos NOT FRSH BREWED COFFEE. Star IC staff were OUTSTANDING! PROFESSIONAL, Kind, pleasant, friendly courteous. We looked forward to IC treats and chatting with staff everyday! Enjoy! "GOOD DAY MADAME!!!!!" :)Annie

Got of Sun Princess in Feb. We had a coffee card. Spent quite a bit of time in the International Café.

If you have a coffee card you can absolutely get teas and we were not charged. We often had tea instead of coffee. No charge.

I highly recommend the coffee card. Regular Princess coffee is terrible.