Cruising out of Vancouver in October

I see that Princess is offering two coastal itineraries this year, October 4th and 29th, and one Hawaii itinerary October 14th, both roundtrip out of Vancouver, B.C. Isn't this rather late in the season, with a greater chance of rough seas in the area?

We did a RT out of San Diego back in 2008 to Hawaii and had beautiful weather. The first couple days can be a little rocky but it smoothed out after that. We also had rough going during our coastal in Sept, going out of San Francisco down to Santa Barbara, One other time it was rough going at the end of our full Panama leaving SF up to Vancouver but this was in May. All in all weather was good

Since you live in Seattle you know how unpredictable Fall weather can be. It might be nice or it might cold, windy and wet.

I sure wouldn't consider a coastal cruise at that time of the year unless it was departing from LA and heading south! Heck I wouldn't even consider a Sept cruise.

I have sailed from and arrived to Vancouver in October and I would not allow weather to determine what I would want to do. Once, the weather was wet, windy, and cool. Once, it was like a mid-Spring day. Plan on layering your clothes and GO! The city is a great place to visit!

Thanks for the replies to my question. As I live in the Pacific Northwest, I don't mind windy, wet, and/or cool. Those I am used to. I am concerned about sea conditions sailing out of/into Vancouver that late in the season, ie wave swells.

Thanks for the replies to my question. As I live in the Pacific Northwest, I don't mind windy, wet, and/or cool. Those I am used to. I am concerned about sea conditions sailing out of/into Vancouver that late in the season, ie wave swells.

Well .... windy and wet usually translates to rough seas, especially if a Fall storm blows in. I was in Seward in late August when a Fall storm hit; it was miserable. The cruiseship couldn't leave port and all the fishing charters were cancelled.

Weather is totally unpredictable; you get what you get. After 2 experiences with miserable weather in Alaska during mid-late August, I would NEVER do late season again. OTOH, some people have had fabulous weather during their Sept trips. I'll take my chances with wet and windy weather in June but I won't chance a fall storm.

I sailed on a freighter across the Pacific in December some years ago (arrived in San Francisco) and felt %$# lucky that we only had one rough day (as in water over the bow againandagainandagain.) But that day was a real doozy. Big water, the Pacific.