cruise tomorrow-DH can't go...please help

westcoastvecs

Thank you all for your responses. DH was not able to board for lunch even though the lady checking us in was delightful and rooting for us. I phoned Princess today to see if we might get the port fees refunded, and the Princess rep. said that is automatic and should already have been credited back to my charge card. :) Robin

Thank you all for your responses. DH was not able to board for lunch even though the lady checking us in was delightful and rooting for us. I phoned Princess today to see if we might get the port fees refunded, and the Princess rep. said that is automatic and should already have been credited back to my charge card. :) Robin

Thanks for getting back to us................very often we never end up knowing the outcome of the issue. Hope you had a good cruise, even if it was w/o DH.

Contrary to some advice here.

I would worry about the $250.00 fine for leaving the ship early without going to a foreign port first.

If he gets on, that means they put him on the manifest....as going To Vancouver in foreign country.... By getting off any time after check-in but before the final port in Vancouver is against the law and can result in serious fines Since your booked as couple... his getting off can result in you getting fined too and possibility of being taken off the ship yourself. You can get traveling under false pretense

As suggested tell Princess he will not be getting abroad at all....and you will be traveling alone, and just eat his fare at least it... is a very small sum

If he gets on, that means they put him on the manifest....as going To Vancouver in foreign country.... By getting off any time after check-in but before the final port in Vancouver is against the law and can result in serious fines

Better not fall after boarding, break a limb and need to go to a hospital. What you say indicates even the ill and injured must stay on board until the last port is reached.