Can You Find Available Cabins on the Web Site?

Bfson

Maybe I missed it, but is there a way to find out the available cabins BEFORE you book on the Disney web site? I didn't see the cabin assigned until I had filled out all of the forms and placed a hold on whatever the computer sent out. Seems like flying blind.

Edited by Bfson

While you cannot see a list of available cabins, there is a screen where you can select from 6-8 cabins of the category you have selected or type in a cabin number to see if it is available. This is before you need to enter any identifying information.

On Travelocity you can see what's available before booking. (am I allowed to say that?)

Really? Do you mean that you can see a list of all available cabins or that it gives you the same 6-8 possibilities to choose from? The last time I looked on this site, it did the same 6-8 choices that everyone else (including DCL) did. But that was years ago.

Is it like the airlines where it shows you all available seats????

Yup! I just did it today. To see if the cabin next to me was taken. I was trying to get my SIL and brother to come on our next cruise... (it's still available by the way!)

You can see the available seats on an airline on Travelocity too. Just click on more info when going through flights.

Really? Do you mean that you can see a list of all available cabins or that it gives you the same 6-8 possibilities to choose from? The last time I looked on this site' date=' it did the same 6-8 choices that everyone else (including DCL) did. But that was years ago.

Is it like the airlines where it shows you all available seats????[/quote']

I don't know. I just gave it a shot, and it seemed to only put up 7 rooms for me to select from. In a couple of different categories.

I just went on the DCL website and it doesn't give any choices just a category. There were two cabins left on my deck on Travelocity. We are deck 5 on the Wonder so there aren't as many cabins on that deck. I thought the OP wanted at least some choice for cabins, but on DCL it doesn't look like you get any (or you don't before you have to enter your information).

Now I'm curious. I didn't book on Travelocity, but my travel agent website lets me pick my cabin before I hit the "book" button, I'll go check over there.

The same two cabins were available as were on Travelocity 5126 and 5624... Does that mean that Disney "sells" cabins to other sites and keeps a number to sell on their own? How does that work?

Travelocity is a travel agent. They have the same access to DCL reservation information as a "regular" person does. So, it's quite likely that they would both show the same rooms as being available.

I don't believe DCL "sells" blocks of rooms to different TAs to only be booked by them.

I don't believe DCL "sells" blocks of rooms to different TAs to only be booked by them.

This is correct according to what my TA told me. LONG ago, they used to allow agents to put a hold on a cluster of cabins. Now, to put a 3 day hold on a cabin there must be a name attached AND the cabin can only be booked in that name.

Silly, I don't think you are looking at the right place on the DCL site. I can get 7 cabins in each category that has that many open. If it gives me fewer, it means there are not 7 of that category still available. And I can type in a number to see if that cabin is available even if it does not show as one of the 7.

I have tried and tried and never see any cabin numbers on the web site. Sigh

OK, go to DCL web site. Select dates/port/etc. Select cruise from available shown. Select stateroom category. Go thru special requests, travel insurance etc. Go to step 3. Back up to step 2. You should get a screen that says (among other things) "select stateroom." Click on this and I see 8 possible staterooms. There is another box that says "choose your own state stateroom" with a box to type in a number to see if that room is open.

I don't know why I couldn't get there with a straightforward sequence tonight, but the back up worked just fine. If this doesn't work, tell me what you did and I'll try to work thru it again.

I have tried and tried and never see any cabin numbers on the web site. Sigh

When you do a mock booking, at step 1 - Customize your Cruise, you'll see the category that you've selected. Next to that is "change", click on that. Then the next page, again next to the category is "+change", click on that.

Then you should be at a page that has "available staterooms" as well as a blank to fill in a stateroom number if you want to check if a specific room is available.

When you do a mock booking, at step 1 - Customize your Cruise, you'll see the category that you've selected. Next to that is "change", click on that. Then the next page, again next to the category is "+change", click on that.

Then you should be at a page that has "available staterooms" as well as a blank to fill in a stateroom number if you want to check if a specific room is available.

That didn't work for me tonight (yes, I know this method), but the "back door" did. Hopefully people can see what we are looking at!

That didn't work for me tonight (yes' date=' I know this method), but the "back door" did. Hopefully people can see what we are looking at![/quote']

Well, I have screen captures, but I've given up posting pictures here, as the hosting site I used tended to "lose" my pictures and they'd disappear. My other board is great - drag and drop posting of pictures is great.