Paris tours

DevonianCruiser

Hi we're doing the Anthem of the Seas next month and there are a few tour options to Paris. They are all 10/11 hour tours as the journey is 2 1/2 each way.

I did Paris 25 years ago and my memory is vague, my partner has never been. We've decided against 'Paris on our own' as we think a guided tour would enable us to see the most and have narrowed it down to general tour with EiffelTower for lunch or general tour with the Louvre visit. I know its personal opinions but has anyone done either and anything you'd recommend? I think we have a couple of hours free time with both.

Many thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi yes we chose the Louvre tour in the end. Firstly because I did the Hermitage in St Petersburg once and it was incredible and the Louvre is supposed to have more art than that. Secondly although the Eiffel Tower is quite impressive I don't see the point of having a meal there when we will get to see it anyway on the other tour.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi yes we chose the Louvre tour in the end. Firstly because I did the Hermitage in St Petersburg once and it was incredible and the Louvre is supposed to have more art than that. Secondly although the Eiffel Tower is quite impressive I don't see the point of having a meal there when we will get to see it anyway on the other tour.

More art? You could spend a year in the Louvre and not see it all. If you like the French impressionists, the Orsay is a better museum to visit. The building itself is beautiful and it's an easier museum to visit. It's my favorite in Paris.