beverage package upgrade

robinlynn

Am I correct that to upgrade to the premium package is $10.00 pp per day?

I just realized for our 14 day cruise, that just about eats up the $300 shipboard credit that comes with the spring savings. I wasn't going to upgrade until I read that with the classic, you can not pay the difference for an upgraded drink, but have to purchase the entire fancier drink. Do I have the correct info?

Thanks

Robin

The upgrade is $10 per day pp plus 18% gratuity. Therefore $11.80.

If you have the classic you pay full price for any drink not in the package.

Yes it does eat up a big chunk on a 14 day cruise.

It is possible to upgrade one person and "share" that card if a premium drink is desired. Such as one may order a cLassic and the other gets a premium but not always using that card exclusively for both to have a premium drink every round.

Another is to use the classic and upgrade later on in the cruise if you feel the need and you will only have to pay for the remaining days.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

It is possible to upgrade one person and "share" that card if a premium drink is desired. Such as one may order a cLassic and the other gets a premium but not always using that card exclusively for both to have a premium drink every round.

Another is to use the classic and upgrade later on in the cruise if you feel the need and you will only have to pay for the remaining days.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Not sure if you were really implying this but using your premium package for getting a drink for someone else other than the cardholder is strictly prohibited and will have implications you will not like.

Not sure if you were really implying this but using your premium package for getting a drink for someone else other than the cardholder is strictly prohibited and will have implications you will not like.

I agree with this. Don't chance it!

Though a lot of the time when I've sailed with someone with no package, the waiter will charge the cheapest drink to cash and the more expensive one to the package automatically without being asked (which I never would). Makes no difference to them, the guests appreciate it, and they might even get an extra little tip :)

Edited by dst87

happy cruising

Over our last four cruises I've noticed quite a few people using this technique.

Pretty clever.

Spending so much on this trip, we will just get it for both of us right away. Upgrading the pkg from Classic is still a lot less expensive than if we had to buy the premium to begin with. And our TA gave us a very generous onboard credit in addition that will pay for laundry, a bit of dry cleaning, wi fi and a few incidentals.

I still feel like we got a great deal. Just thought the marketing on the part of Celebrity was kind of interesting, with their OBC just enough to pay for the upgrade on the Classic package which they provided.