To upgrade or not?

Beachgirl85

I know there are many variables but trying to decide if we should upgrade from an inside to a balcony room on the getaway for about $500, that includes the UBP. Typically our bar bill isn't very high but it's usually b/c we just don't order a lot of drinks because of price. I love the idea of having a balcony room and no worries with the drinks [emoji1]or is it smarter to set an amount for drinks and save the money. Ugh decisions decisions -- just needed to type it out I guess

The balcony is just slightly more since you're now getting the UBP. Remember, too, you can get the UDP and dine in the specialities every night instead....and Illusarium is free with UDP on the first night. Just do it!

I know there are many variables but trying to decide if we should upgrade from an inside to a balcony room on the getaway for about $500, that includes the UBP. Typically our bar bill isn't very high but it's usually b/c we just don't order a lot of drinks because of price. I love the idea of having a balcony room and no worries with the drinks [emoji1]or is it smarter to set an amount for drinks and save the money. Ugh decisions decisions -- just needed to type it out I guess

I would take that $500 Add another $500 to it and book a 2nd inside cabin cruise .

J.M.H.O.

I would definitely do the upgrade. Enjoy the UBP and your balcony. I PROMISE you won't regret it [emoji2]. You'll both have fun ordering drinks that you've never had before without worrying about the cost.

Well, I'm curious as to how much to upgrade to an oceanview? You would still be eligible for the UBP...

Well, I'm curious as to how much to upgrade to an oceanview? You would still be eligible for the UBP...

The oceanview rooms are priced the same as the balcony rooms, I guess they sold really well.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and thoughts. Talking to my husband, the cruise is to celebrate his 50th :)

The oceanview rooms are priced the same as the balcony rooms, I guess they sold really well.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and thoughts. Talking to my husband, the cruise is to celebrate his 50th :)

Go for it, I did and this will be our first balcony experience. I'm celebrating 50 as well!

Since you like the idea of being able to order drinks w/o budgeting take the UBP as a special gift. If you want to order some special celebratory beverages under $11 those will be included in the plan. If you want to choose by the math here you go: If you think your bar bill will be at least $281 for a seven night cruise go for the UBP and pay for specialties a la carte.

I would say yes. A balcony is so much fun. As for upsells, we've gone on three and took it the first time (to a suite) And were cursed to only book suites thereon out. Second - offered the Haven GV, passed (Thank God). Last cruise we had the best suite for a family. You will not regret going to a balcony - especially on a special birthday. Make it a surprise.

Is that $500 total or PP? If total go for it. Remember even soft drinks are included. Just off Epic with UBP. Would never purchase as do not drink that much. With it ,we were more inclined to have an extra martini or a tropical drink at the pool. Figured we would have spent $370 without package. So, not worth it if we had to pay.

Once you book a balcony, there is no turning back. I wouldn't book anything less than a balcony. It just adds another dimension to the cruising experience! And Hey, it is his 50th...do it and enjoy the drinks.:)

Agreed! Without a balcony, our trip would have been completely different. I vote yes!