Which option is best for transport to/from airport and cruise terminal?

nlc42904

Hey everyone...

Since I used to live in Florida for all my other cruises I haven't come across this issue before and I need all the input I can get!

We are flying into Orlando on Sunday and our cruise leaves Monday. I really would rather not rent a car, so what transportation and hotel options do you recommend? Should I get a hotel close to the airport that has a free shuttle and then find a shuttle service to the port? Or should I stay close to the port and find a shuttle from the airport to the hotel? Or are there any hotels that provide transportation to/from the airport AND the cruise terminal?

Thanks!

If you are looking to save $$ for excursions (and maybe a few DODs :D) I would rethink the one way car rental option - it is likely the cheapest way to get 2+ from MCO to a hotel, dinner, shopping and eventually the pier.

All of the major agencies have locations in either PC or nearby Cocoa Beach and offer free shuttles to the port; the drive from MCO to PC takes about 50 minutes. With a car you are free to stay anywhere you want in the Orlando area or close to the port. Your call! :)

If you are looking to save $$ for excursions (and maybe a few DODs :D) I would rethink the one way car rental option - it is likely the cheapest way to get 2+ from MCO to a hotel, dinner, shopping and eventually the pier.

All of the major agencies have locations in either PC or nearby Cocoa Beach and offer free shuttles to the port; the drive from MCO to PC takes about 50 minutes. With a car you are free to stay anywhere you want in the Orlando area or close to the port. Your call! :)

Thanks John! So, do I book a one-way from MCO to Port Canaveral and another one-way from Port Canaveral to MCO? I miss living there where I only had a 2 hour drive to the port and I could just park my car at an off site lot :)

Thanks John! So, do I book a one-way from MCO to Port Canaveral and another one-way from Port Canaveral to MCO? I miss living there where I only had a 2 hour drive to the port and I could just park my car at an off site lot :)

exactly!,